Honolulu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kixy1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Oahu next week (daughter got accepted to UofH, Go Warriors!). I'm going to fit in a few days of diving while I'm there, in the process of setting up with Kaimana Divers. All my diving in the last 5 years has been done in Cozumel and I'm wondering how the boat experience compares?

What are the boats like? small, covered, fast?
How long of a ride out?
Roll back entry? I'm really interested in how you get back in (I have to baby my pissy back)?
I realize Cozumel is a heavily valet style service, how does Kaimana compare? Will we be setting up/breaking down? Carrying tanks to the boat?
I'm looking forward to some non-drift diving and being able to poke around and stop :) How do the reefs and marine life compare?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Entries from KD's boat are giant stride off the stern dive platform. Nobody will ask you to carry any tanks or rental gear, and a DM will probably even carry personal gear for you if you ask. Rig setup/tear down is generally offered by the DMs from what I recall seeing, but as a diver who really prefers to handle his own gear I can't say I'm really watching closely. Basically, they're a very accommodating OP and you can be as pampered as you like--if the default settings aren't valet enough for you, you need but to ask.

Thanks for the response Dr. Lecter........ 2 Things to note:

1) We have been diving your dive site a bunch lately....... super cool little reef with a bunch of fingers that need exploring. Thanks for finding it bro!

2) If you need to jump back on the Nacho without your tank, that's no problem either. Our cap or crew is happy to pull up your BC if you want to ditch it in the water at the swim step. Just please let them know before your dives if that is your preference.

3) Our boat is wide (12.5 feet) and has a huge shade cover. There are rinse bins for your camera as well as plenty of dry storage forward in the berth. We have drinking water, juice, sodas and snacks as well as a fresh water shower and plenty of safe, fun and knowledgeable dive guides (PADI Instructors and Dive Masters). Speed however isn't her specialty but we cruise at 8kts most days...... the longest ride out is 45 minutes.

Please let me know if you have further questions and we can't wait to show you an awesome time in the water.....

Mahalo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom