Honolulu Dive Op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
POSTED THIS on scubaboard2 last week, but since traffic was ay down thought I'd put it here to see if I get more info. Thanks!

Will be in Honolulu for work first week of August, so plan on coming out a few days early.

Looking for a "full service" dive op that I can book two full days of diving with. Want to cram as much diving as possible in, so looking for morning AND afternoon trips - or perhaps as three-tank trip each day. Maybe a night dive too.

Will be bringing my own gear, but will need tanks. Ideally bigger steel tanks if possible.

Appreciate any recommendations or insights.

Thanks!

I prefer AAA diving.

I'll post a picture of the boat.

he swears a lot, but is a good guy

Not the cheapest, but a good value because he does not hurry his charters

he has steel 100's (2) I think

EAN...provides computers

collage22-1.jpg

221-8346 (808) Alex is the owner and it is his 250K custom dive boat, head, usually not crowded, he limits his numbers and is into the quality thing.

Bring a lunch though... he stopped doing the food thing because he said people were never satisfied, just grab a Subway, if I were you.

Weekends he offers a three deep wreck day, watch your SI. He is safe but plays it a little closer than the "masses" operators because he seems to get more experienced divers, I have no idea why. lol...funny sidenote. Captain Wildcard and I ran his boat once on the three tank dive and somebody complained we "took all day". Well, we did three 120+ wreck dives and we were being conservative because we found out we had a "newish" diver. Another time a guy I referred to AAA diving came on here and posted how hard the boat was to get on and off. ???? look at the picture....so I sometimes don't like referring, you just never know what people expect. The vessel has a big easy swimstep. Not enough handrailings he said, or something.

He gets a lot of the movie business, Lost cast, etc. because they don't want to be on a crappy boat with no head, I guess

I like Aquazone too! They do a lot of Intros, but own their boats also, which is a plus for me. Aquazone has captains that know what they are doing, from what I see.

You should consider Oahu Scuba Divers (Justleesa on this forum). Definitely full service and they will treat you right, taking you to the best dives around the area.

Somebody actually complained about Alex's boat? He treats that thing like it were his baby. It's beautiful, spacious and not too difficult to get on and off. Maybe the people who have complained take those "full" service dive boats with the lift in the back that you sit on and it eases you into the water and the same on the return.

Bigger tanks aren't normally an issue. I'd suggest Ocean Concepts as well. There's quite a bit of info on their schedule of dives and when they run theor 3 tank dives. http://www.oceanconcepts.com

Have a great time on Oahu, I miss that place.
Cheers and Safe Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom