Honeymoon Destination Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LimitedSlip7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Just got married last weekend and had planned on going to Hawaii for two weeks for our honeymoon. They kept pushing back the quarantine so we switched plans to Bali as they were supposed to reopen in September. Now they are closed until at least 2021...

We've been to Coz several times, Bonaire, Roatan, USVIs, and want to try something new outside of the Caribbean. I want something with really good diving, she wants some topside activities.

Any ideas on places that are open or opening soon? We aren't worried about getting Covid right now as we have already had it (confirmed with testing, was just a minor cold for us). I'd like to go somewhere soon, like before the end of the year.

Thanks!

Red sea, Sinai peninsula.

Amazing diving and great scenery

have you considered the west side of mexico ? maybe cabo or la paz ? good exchange rates to the peso. heard the diving can be pretty good around there. never been myself but would like to go. waters would be cooler than the gulf / Caribbean side of course.

Congrats on the nuptials. Tough time to travel, indeed. Best of luck to you on nailing down a memorable honeymoon destination!

A friend sent this to me and I got a laugh out of it:
Trap.jpg

It's the Caribbean, but we honeymooned on Isla Mujeres 20 years ago and loved it! Plenty of shops and restaurants but way less touristy than nearby Cancun. We went back a few years ago and it's as good as ever. Good snorkeling and diving all around.

Your choices are pretty slim outside the Caribbean, but in the Caribbean, St. Lucia has awesome diving and great land activities, i.e., hiking, zip-lining, ATV riding. The zip-line tour through the Pitons is beautiful and really fun. I don't know if the zip-line tour is operating right now with phased reopening, though. On the tourism web site, www.stlucia.org, diving is the first tab of links and well-deserved to be number one.

Maldives are open- I just got back. Two airlines to choose from- Qatar Airways and Emirates. Both airlines do a good job. To enter the Maldives now you must have a negative PCR test and I would recommend you look at the Maldives web site for the specific information you need. I am not sure about topside activities at the various resorts because I was on a LOB but I think most of the resorts plan to open in October.Last March I was at Bandos resort for a few days and I found their dive op to be well run and their house reef to be very nice for snorkeling and worthy of a few dives. I am going to post soon with more specifics on the LOB experience (during covid) on the Carpe Novo- where I had a great time with some great people on a well run boat.

I've thought about La Paz/Cabo Pulmo (almost went last year), but read there isn't much to do topside. Still an intriguing option if other places don't open up soon.

As far as diving goes, I want to see something different underwater. We've only been to the Caribbean and with two weeks available we can go somewhere further away than usual.

What about French Polynesia? Looks like a few of those Pacific islands are open now... which has the best diving?

We did Fiji, she was not as into diving as I am, but we both loved it (we were not on the main island), did a few days of things on island, and off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom