Honeymoon Destination Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've thought about La Paz/Cabo Pulmo (almost went last year), but read there isn't much to do topside. Still an intriguing option if other places don't open up soon.

As far as diving goes, I want to see something different underwater. We've only been to the Caribbean and with two weeks available we can go somewhere further away than usual.

What about French Polynesia? Looks like a few of those Pacific islands are open now... which has the best diving?
I haven't been yet, but Tahiti and Fiji are on my bucket list. I've done quite a bit of research and it won't disappoint for diving. When traveling to the South Pacific, be mindful of the rainy season/cyclone season, Nov. to April, especially for topside activities. It can also be a cold boat ride after diving during rainy season. Fiji has waterfalls and hiking. You can snorkel/swim with humpbacks in Tonga, but there is a season for that. Beqa in Fiji has some of the best shark dives with tigers and bulls. Cyclone Harold hit some parts of Fiji in April 2020.

Erie is a short drive:)

I'd hit up Cozumel! Easy to get to and easy to leave....

Another vote for St. Lucia. My wife and I went there on our honeymoon and loved the mix of topside and scuba adventures. Most of the diving is in the soufriere area, but it is worth checking out other parts of the island, especially marigot bay

For cost effective, Baja Mexico. Split between La Paz and Cabo. Then plan an anniversary trip next year.

In addition to diving from both sides, you have snorkeling with whale sharks and sea lions, zip lines, camel excursions, a national park, general beaches, and more.

Crazy: Egypt, Maldives or Zanzibar (the profile pic is us in Nungwi Zanzibar for our 2nd anniversary.) But most longer haul international flights are a bit expensive, silly, a bit of a pain in the butt, require the 72hr tests and risks of quarantine if you sneeze at the wrong time.

My vote goes to Grenada.

Depends a lot upon how far you want to travel. As mentioned Cozumel is close, Cabo San Lucas is close, St Lucia is close, Costa Rica is close, Chabil Mar Resort in Belize is pretty romantic. Some places like Fiji, Palau, Indonesia...still not open.

Another vote for French Polynesia! We spent one month there this year... it is VERY romantic, and depending on your interests, you can be on pristine beaches with no one else and no shops/restaurants at all (Tikehau or Fakarava for example) or on pristine beaches that are part of five star resorts (Bora Bora) or anywhere in between. Diving in the Tuamotus is world class (according to many more experienced divers we met there as well as here on SB), but the diving in Raiatea, Moorea and Huahine are enjoyable as well.

It is definitely not a cheap destination, but hey it's your honeymoon! :yeahbaby:

French Polynesia might fit the bill. I've got about $5k in flight points saved up from CC rewards so that part should be covered. Which island would be best for diving but still has some stuff to do/explore topside? Preferably with good shore diving I can do between boat dives and maybe some good food?

Thanks!
Nathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom