home made bottom blower

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finder

Registered
Reaction score
hi all. thought id throw this to some of your diy. I built a blower out of a used electric trolling motor that also propels me when not using as a blower. when i dive an area where i think there could be fossils or other goodies i bring this home made junk with me. i have a milk basket that has a 15 inch tire tube around it . in the basket is a 12 volt battery and my dive flag. I have 50 ft of # 10 strand wire feeding from battery to motor. i always dive heavy, meaning lots of weight when diving with the blower . When i find an area that is looking right, i dig my self in and start blowing. as i find items i leave the blower on the bottom follow the line to to basket and drop in the fossils or what ever. then follow the line down to motor and start all over again. this serves as a blower and a puller to transport me around should i turn lazy. i cant even begin to tell you how much Ive found using this set up in dark water:D
finder

Yes, pics would be excellent. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom