Holy weight belt batman, how much is that

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either way though, I think I'd be pretty lucky if the thing that eventually finished me was breathing the fumes from an occasional lead weight.

..and yes Dame, it was mercury poisoning, not lead.

I've just moulded my first set of 2kg weights from old tyre weights

After a few failed attempts I have finally had some success with a wooden pattern and a box of sand. They passed the first test, I dropped them in a bucket and they sank:)

I'm with DameDyker... if you are worried about a few bucks for weights, you are in for an education. Besides, what is your time worth going to those lengths to make your own (assuming you don't have a wife or slave around to make them for you)? I don't know about you, but i charge about $85 an hour for what i do so that makes the price of making my own about $170. Now consider that the profit from buying my wieghts from my LDS helps keep them in business (which is kind of nice) it is money well spent. I hope you are not out to find the cheapest reg you can find, because they are out there ready to kill.=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom