Holy Vis!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Don't know how the shore diving was today... but man; I was surprised outside the harbor.

Alarm went off this morning, 4:30am. What the hell am I doing getting up this morning just for another Poling dive. Boy was I in for a surprise. The only time I've seen vis better than this was during my AOW class. Dropping down you could see the wreck from the moring chain ball... a good 40'. Swimming along the deck near the break and you could see the crabs in the sand below. You could make a 50 foot sweep around the wreck looking for dropped goodies.

And there was the huge lumpfish, just chillin' out near the catwalk.

I spent week before last in North Carolina, with 60-100 ft vis; but there's just something special about dropping in on your home wrecks where the vis has numbers that sound like snowfall predictions; and finding out you can see the catwalk from the moring line, or that you can see across the whole beam of the ship.

Truely remarkable.

Spectre:
Don't know how the shore diving was today... but man; I was surprised outside the harbor.

Alarm went off this morning, 4:30am. What the hell am I doing getting up this morning just for another Poling dive. Boy was I in for a surprise. The only time I've seen vis better than this was during my AOW class. Dropping down you could see the wreck from the moring chain ball... a good 40'. Swimming along the deck near the break and you could see the crabs in the sand below. You could make a 50 foot sweep around the wreck looking for dropped goodies.

And there was the huge lumpfish, just chillin' out near the catwalk.

I spent week before last in North Carolina, with 60-100 ft vis; but there's just something special about dropping in on your home wrecks where the vis has numbers that sound like snowfall predictions; and finding out you can see the catwalk from the moring line, or that you can see across the whole beam of the ship.

Truely remarkable.
Yup... awesome vis.
Warm enough on the surface I didn't look at the temp gauge. 43 deg at depth. Cline somewhere between 20 and 30 feet. Decent amount of current on incoming tide.

But Jeff... the vis was MUCH better a month ago.... before the tide turned :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom