Holy Crap, my booties stink!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....The best cure is to flip the boots inside out and let them dry in the sun.

I helps to have good boot drying weather as well!
KABC-7DAY_IE_w450.jpg

Sink the Stink....it works like magic!

I spent a week doing three to four dives a day....and honestly, I can't help myself, as soon as I get in the water in a wetsuit, I have to pee. I just can't hold it. So after a week of doing this, my wetsuit and all neoprene stuff smelled BAD!!!!

I filled up the bathtub with some Sink the Stink and water, tossed all my stuff in there, let it stay in overnight....and the next morning, life was good again!

Let all your neoprene stuff air dry. I heard that it's not good for it to be in the sun (I know it will cause fading....don't know if there are any other issues), so I just hung everything up in my shower.

Put your boots on bootie hangers and put them outdoors in the sun. The sun will kill the bacteria and micro-organisms which is what makes stuff stink. Between weekend dives, my booties STAY in the sun outdoors and they don't smell at all.

Before I did the outdoors method, I used a variety of cleaners/anti stink products/remedies but nothing worked as good as the sun.

I always give mine a good soak in fresh water, then I use a towel to soak up as much water as I can especially inside the toe box area of the bootie and let it dry in the sun. I've never had any issues with bootie odor so have never had to resort to mouth wash, sink the stink or wetsuit shampoo.

i stuff my booties with newspaper after wearing them. it helps them dry faster and seems to take care of the stink until i can get them home for a good washing.

Google foot fetish. I bet you find a volunteer in about 2 minutes.
:shocked2:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Ok, so I've had guys suggest they be allowed to smell alot things, but never my feet. I'm thinking there ain't a buddy out there that's gonna be willing to accept this responsibility.

I have had my boots for over 5 years, I buy a small spray can of lysol whenever I hit the salt water. One squirt per foot, per day and I'm good. And I see no difference in the boot's condition at all other than normal wear & tear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom