Holy Crap, my booties stink!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also did you wash your feet before you put them on? I mean it is summer and some people's feet get pretty nasty. Just to be sure, the next time you go diving, smell your feet before you put the boots on and have the person next to you smell them as well for an objective opinion. It may just be a simple matter of excess toejam.

Does this mean she should Slosh her feet?:rofl3:

A splash of cheap mouthwash in each, followed by a rinse does a nice job of de-stinking them.

I've tried the Sink-the-Stink solution. I've tried mouthwash. They help a bit, but the booties still remain stinky as hell. The best cure is to flip the boots inside out and let them dry in the sun.

Or you could toss them in the washer with a capfull of Wool-lite (sp?) on gentle cycle. No dryer... just air dry. Preferrably outside.

I used front load washer and mild detergent with cold water and drier (on cold/air dry) and works ok for me on 7mm neoprene suit, gloves, booties, hoodie.

Also did you wash your feet before you put them on? I mean it is summer and some people's feet get pretty nasty. Just to be sure, the next time you go diving, smell your feet before you put the boots on and have the person next to you smell them as well for an objective opinion. It may just be a simple matter of excess toejam.

:shocked2:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Ok, so I've had guys suggest they be allowed to smell alot things, but never my feet. I'm thinking there ain't a buddy out there that's gonna be willing to accept this responsibility.

Small organisms and plant matter will get into neoprene. It will die and rot. That will stink.

There are enzyme cleaners out there specifically to deal with this. Use one when the stink gets too bad.

Exactly!!! All booties, whether you pee or not, are going to stink eventually. The big thing is to try to wash them out thoroughly between dives and try to dry them out every night. I usually take 2 pairs of booties on every trip and use one just for night dives so the day boots can sit and dry. When I get home from a trip --- Sink the Stink! Soak overnight, let air dry, do not rinse. The chemicals eat the bacteria. The booties will never smell just like new again, but they won't wreak like death, either. :shocked2:

If you don't want them any more.
I use liquid laundry detergent. Rinse well. Let thoroughly dry. It is the same as a stinky wetsuit. There are also threads on here for that. I have a front load washer, just throw all items in and use COLD water only. No Spin dry.

do the same thing at the local laundramat, took care of foul firefighting gear also...

there is also the McNett wetsuit shampoo. it actually works. but you must also turn them inside out to dry.

Back
Top Bottom