Hollis Prism2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not heard of a P2 with a fisher cable predator unless it's a secondary. Is it in addition to your primary?

The P2 is a very capable rebreather. The WOB is outstanding and it is very intuitive to use.
My experience dealing with Hollis support has been excellent

Ok this is my bad. I had someone refer to the cable between the predator and the head as a fisher cable. The cable is the original manufacturer installed cable. Not sure what constitutes a fisher cable but your post indicates it is not one.

The cable is the original manufacturer installed cable. Not sure what constitutes a fisher cable but your post indicates it is not one.

A Fischer cable is wired into the head, but can be disconnected from the computer. The original cable from Hollis can not be disconnected without getting into the head or into the computer. It is basically hard wired into the head unit.

Ok this is my bad. I had someone refer to the cable between the predator and the head as a fisher cable. The cable is the original manufacturer installed cable. Not sure what constitutes a fisher cable but your post indicates it is not one.

For the last year or so P2s are being shipped with a mini subcon connector for both controller and HUD. They are more robust than a fisher and the electronics have been upgraded. The old fisher just transmitted voltage from the cell (millivolts) which was prone to resistance losses across a connector. The new technology uses a Divecan bus which transmits a digital signal so it is way more reliable.

The new technology uses a Divecan bus which transmits a digital signal so it is way more reliable.
I also have the new version, and that means that you can plug other exciting accessories in, like a NERD perhaps. :D

I was certified on the Prism 2 in September, and so far I am loving it! I already have about 60 dives on it. The only minor issue I have had is that the BCD is leaking a bit, where the inflator hose screws in to the wing. Other than that, it has been great. I think it has been put together with a lot of thought and quality.

Rob there was a time when a few of those leaking hoses where showing up and it was easily fixed by loosening the nut and putting a bit of lube on the donut seal then retightening the hose. It seems the rubber donut was pinched or something.

I've been diving my P2 with original electronics for 16 months now. I've just returned the head to the factory to have the center LED in the HUD replaced (it doesn't show green any more) but other than that I've been very happy with the unit. The WOB is great, maintenance is easy and it's a great breather to dive.

I've been diving my P2 with original electronics for 16 months now. I've just returned the head to the factory to have the center LED in the HUD replaced (it doesn't show green any more) but other than that I've been very happy with the unit. The WOB is great, maintenance is easy and it's a great breather to dive.

My older unit I had did exactly the same thing. The good thing was, my instructor is also a Prism2 repair tech, so we just ordered the new HUD, sent the old one back (warranty) & installed the new one. I will admit I like the HUD (4 lines) on the newer unit. Took a little getting used to, but I like it much more than the old single line.

I have a P2 and have been diving it for a year. I only have 150 or so hours on it. I love the unit. I am also a service tech on it and it is reasonably easy to work on. The engineers obviously have small hands but I can live with that nuisance.

The problem I have is with the company itself. They rarely have anything in stock. Most of their people need to learn what customer service is all about. Some just flat lie about things thinking I will not verify what they have said. It really is sad.

I have a couple of friends that have taken it to 100m+ on a "regular" basis without problems.

I have the P2 with the DiveCan. I absolutely love it! Breathes extremely easy! I have switched to a different wing though and I have used the nerd on it. Very neat although sometimes it gets in the way a bit much, at least imho.

Back
Top Bottom