Hollis Over Boots or White's Evo3 Boots?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColdH2O

Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at getting a pair of White's Evo3 Boots Dive Right In Scuba - Whites EVO3 Boots

Then I saw that Mike had the Hollis boots on special Dive Right In Scuba - Hollis Hollis Over-Boot

For about 45% of the cost of the White's boots I guess I am asking are the Hollis boots worth it? I do not know anyone that uses them and was wondering if those of you that are using them can give me your opinion of them. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I currently have the White's Fusion boots, but they are not very supportive for shore diving and need a more rigid boot. I would be using these boots with a Fusion Bullet and Hollis F1 fins.

I chose the relatively light-weight EVOs because heavier rock-boots didn't fit in the F1s. They are OK for boat diving. Heavier-duty and cheaper is great if it fits your foot. The one disadvantage is the skin will be short of the Hollis boot leaving the dry bag unprotected in a very vulnerable area.

You really need to keep sand from getting into your over-boots because it can rub a hole in the dry bag.

Sand won't be an issue for you with our dives sites, I have only "seen" the Hollis boots but they sure look identical to the EVO's.....for less than half price, I was considering it myself. I have a fusion bullet with the EVO's, very solid.

Sand won't be an issue for you with our dives sites, I have only "seen" the Hollis boots but they sure look identical to the EVO's.....for less than half price, I was considering it myself. I have a fusion bullet with the EVO's, very solid.

Yah that is kinda what I was thinking, they both look similar and if that is the case and they do the same job I am all for saving $65. Just wanted a few opinions from guys that have used them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom