Hollis download cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorneau

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a used Hollis download cable or instructions on how to make one from a USB cable. Are you kidding me a hundred bucks for a new one. That is more than I paid for the computer!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

You might also look for an Oceanic download cable. Hollis is the technical branch of Oceanic. I do believe they are the same computers, just a different brand on them. As for the price of a new one,.... $100 is the going rate for most any of them. A bit steep for what it is? Yes, I agree.

There are three connection points on the computer. Does anyone know what the PIN identifiers are in respect to the USB wires?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Apparently it's not as simple as cutting up a USB cable

It's discussed here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...nalyzers/388660-90-usb-cable.html#post5961985

And within that is a link to another post that states "The Oceanic cable isn't simply a USB cable. There's a custom chip inside the adapter that's been programmed to talk to the dive computer. You'd have to reverse-engineer the programming on that chip by monitoring the chip directly. There's a couple of threads on the web where people have tried to do it, but no one has yet succeeded. "

Sean
Thanks for the info, that is what I was looking for!

Back
Top Bottom