Hollis DC1/2+212 VS. HOG D1/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The majority of my gear is pretty well split between Edge/Hog and AUP (Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris). The shop I work for carries both brands. I service both brands (amongst many other) and simply put, all 5 first stages and 7 second stages that I own are Edge/Hog dive gear. Hog is as good if not better than Hollis in every way with the exception on port spacing on the Hog D2. I couldn't get my Oceanic transmitter to fit with all 4 LP ports ocupied. Simply fixed with a 1/4" extention. Not an issue with the D1 though.

My experience is limited to use of aqualung (titan, micra, legend), scubapro (mk25), and currently hog d1/d2 regs. I could not be more satisfied with my hog regulator and have since sold off my others! It's well built and made of long lasting high quality materials. The ease of breathing is about the same as my other regs in less than 50-60 feet but at deeper depths the quality and ease of breathing is phenomenal! I can breath just as easy @ +100ft now which was not the case with my older aqualung regs. They weren't so bad but on one dive I was literally purging the air into my mouth! With the Hogs the air is always there and I just love them. I have no experience with Hollis but I can definitely recommend the Hog's you will not be disappointed.

Looks like a smart investment to me!

---------- Post added June 19th, 2013 at 04:16 PM ----------

Tks for sharing Joe! I am going to go into the authorized dealers here locally and compare the two again. I've checked out HOG the other day. It is a robust and rugged piece of equipment.

The majority of my gear is pretty well split between Edge/Hog and AUP (Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris). The shop I work for carries both brands. I service both brands (amongst many other) and simply put, all 5 first stages and 7 second stages that I own are Edge/Hog dive gear. Hog is as good if not better than Hollis in every way with the exception on port spacing on the Hog D2. I couldn't get my Oceanic transmitter to fit with all 4 LP ports ocupied. Simply fixed with a 1/4" extention. Not an issue with the D1 though.

---------- Post added June 19th, 2013 at 04:18 PM ----------

Tks for sharing, Z33! Looks like HOG is developing quite a following amongst the divers nowadays. Again, as I have mentioned earlier, I checked out HOG the other day and I was really surprised by the weight and how sturdy the gears are.

My experience is limited to use of aqualung (titan, micra, legend), scubapro (mk25), and currently hog d1/d2 regs. I could not be more satisfied with my hog regulator and have since sold off my others! It's well built and made of long lasting high quality materials. The ease of breathing is about the same as my other regs in less than 50-60 feet but at deeper depths the quality and ease of breathing is phenomenal! I can breath just as easy @ +100ft now which was not the case with my older aqualung regs. They weren't so bad but on one dive I was literally purging the air into my mouth! With the Hogs the air is always there and I just love them. I have no experience with Hollis but I can definitely recommend the Hog's you will not be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom