Hollis Backplate Back Pad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HO@X

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently made a purchase for the elite 2 system, complete with s25 bladder, sta and backpad. I was surprised to find the new edition backpad are pretty thin and I can still feel the STA screws poking at my back.

Anyone know where I can find the older model which was well padded? I've been looking high and low for the old stock but to no avail.

I have thought about it and even considered using a half inch screw but some how I feel more secure with the one inch screw

I assumed the screws were permanently attached to the STA (they are on my OMS) .
Given that, I'd just replace the screws and use a dab of Loctite or similar thread locker if your worried about the nuts loosening.

The screws come together with the STA when purchased as a set.

If all fails to find the older version of backplate backpad, then I'll try on something else maybe add some cushioning for some support. I've injuired my back before and having the pokey screws is a bit of a pain.

Anyone wanna sell me their older version of the backplate backpad? :D

Back
Top Bottom