Hollis 3 LED Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikefreekz

Contributor
Reaction score
hi there, i'm currently on the lookout for a compact torch for my diving needs, namely recreational open water, came across the 3 LED mini and judging from the specs, it seems to be a really good choice. Would appreciate any feedback. Or if you have better suggestion for around the same price range ($75-80) i'll be glad to hear them.

regards

I have a 3 LED Mini and very soldom use it. One reason is, it is easy to flood from what I have read. Second I bought a 1000 lm from DRIS that is a great light and in your price range.

I have several of these. I use them for backup lights in cave diving. I think it's the best light in the price range.

i did consider the 1000lm from DRIS, what i didn't like about it is that it uses the 3 C batteries which i thought would make the torch really heavy...

The DRIS are very heavy. I am actually switching over to the Hollis 3 LED Mini's for my cave back up lights due to the size. As far as flooding, it is only easy to do if you unscrew it to far turning it on. Once it's on, stop turning.

is that the only dive light from Dorcy? price range is good but i would rather have something that uses less batt...
You can use only 3 AAA batteries in it instead of 6, it is just as bright but run time is shorter. I think this is the only dive light they make.

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2012 at 10:58 PM ----------

You can use only 3 AAA batteries in it instead of 6, it is just as bright but run time is shorter. I think this is the only dive light they make.
It is small enough that it fits in my B.C. pocket. Even with 6 AAA batteries it doesn't seem that heavy compared to my other dive lights. Plus you can go on a dive vacation and never have to change out the batteries.

Back
Top Bottom