Hole in the Wall in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If only NY and Fl were much closer, i'd take the signing class with you. Maybe i'll find the book and just learn on my own. Anyone know how to find the book?

Hi Laurie... when are you coming back down? We can do the Sea Signs class then...

Hi Gang,
This was very interesting reading. Sandi, Congrats on your 100th dive, I can't think of a place better than the Hole in the Wall to spend it. I don't think I have dived with you. I would like to invite you out on the Emerald complimentary so you can see (first hand) what we do. We have a lot of photogs, we spearfish and we have fun. When I first started running weekly Hole in the Wall trips a few years ago when I owned JDC, people thought it was crazy. IT IS AN ADVANCED DIVE. We do it several times a week now on the Emerald and we ONLY take good divers. We don't do any hook and line fishing while divers are in the water as I read on the posts but we get our fair share underwater. I have dived the Hole in the Wall more than 500 times and the one constant is there is no constant. Glad to see everyone in the water. PM or call me at (561) 248-8332 to take me up on that offer or email me from my website scuba diving jupiter. Hope to meet you soon.

Randy!!! Of course we dove together! I went out with you on the Emerald on Feb. 16 & 17. Sat. was the Lemon Shark dive (remember the fishing boat radioing your captain to pick me up and you jokingly chided me for being the last one to get back on board? :rofl3:) The next day, Sunday, was Deveney's birthday dive and a whole bunch of us celebrated on Emerald. Tsk, tsk, I must be losing my touch in being memorable...:shakehead: But you meet a lot of divers constantly, so I'm sure I wouldn't stick out in your mind.

Anyway, welcome to SB. You'll read all kinds of stuff here from lots of different personalities. It's difficult to pick up nuances on posts, so you may sometimes read something in a different tone than what the poster is intending. Have fun!

What fantastic news! Of course, I'm jealous of you being in Japan, but we also know that Jupiter diving is world class diving also. Due to a student of mine being killed last week the Sea Signs class was scrapped. Want to do it together? I have a fantastic friend who is also an instructor for the course. It'd be fun to learn (and invent new) signs that are helpful in the water with a few friends.

When are you getting back from Japan? JDC is going to do another Hole in the Wall dive on May 25th if you're interested. Otherwise, there's other great dives going on that I'd love to have you along with! You've got my number.....give me a call and let's go diving.....Woooohooooo!

Sandy

I'm all back now, but already busy planning my next big trip, hehehehe.

That Sunday I do believe I am going to be accompanying my sis out on her ocean dive as part of her OW cert, else I would tag along for HitW. She signed up last night to start classes, woo hoo!!! I don't know how we made it look so cool for her, but she's all psyched to start.

I am sorry to hear about your student, that's awfully sad. When were you thinking about doing the Sea Signs again?

I'm itching to get down to Jupiter again!

Jupiter- I'm sorry to hear about your student. Which one? Did you mention him/her to me before?

Flstar- so glad your sister is willing to dive! heck, maybe she saw me acting like such an idiot with my tank floating away and my flashlight held to my check instead of my head that she felt no matter what she couldn't be worse off than me.

If only NY and Fl were much closer, i'd take the signing class with you. Maybe i'll find the book and just learn on my own. Anyone know how to find the book?

You know, I think you may have actually helped ease any fears she may have had about diving. With us all laughing and giggling, I think she realized that it actually can be fun and "no, you aren't on the edge of death every time you descend" (if you take care of yourself, of course).

Next time you head down this way, be sure to let everyone know. You were great fun to dive with!!!

:jump3:

I'm all back now, but already busy planning my next big trip, hehehehe.

That Sunday I do believe I am going to be accompanying my sis out on her ocean dive as part of her OW cert, else I would tag along for HitW. She signed up last night to start classes, woo hoo!!! I don't know how we made it look so cool for her, but she's all psyched to start.

I am sorry to hear about your student, that's awfully sad. When were you thinking about doing the Sea Signs again?

Welcome home! Send pics of your trip! I'm so glad your sister decided to bite the bullet and get certified. JDC is going to do Hole in the Wall on Sundays once a month as well as every week on Friday. That won't be a dive for your sister for quite a while, as it is a very advanced dive and she'll need to be AOW and nitrox certified, but bring her down anytime and we'll go reef diving! JDC goes out every day, morning and afternoon. School gets out in a few weeks (woo hoo!) so any day, any time, let me know and we'll go diving!!!!!

My friend Al lives in Orlando, but he does a lot of training in this area, so sometime when he's down here we'll do the sea signs class. We can plan it for when you'll be here, too, so we can take it together.

Where are you off to next?

My friend Al lives in Orlando, but he does a lot of training in this area, so sometime when he's down here we'll do the sea signs class. We can plan it for when you'll be here, too, so we can take it together.

Uhm... Your friend Al lives in Melbourne...

Al

Welcome home! Send pics of your trip! I'm so glad your sister decided to bite the bullet and get certified. JDC is going to do Hole in the Wall on Sundays once a month as well as every week on Friday. That won't be a dive for your sister for quite a while, as it is a very advanced dive and she'll need to be AOW and nitrox certified, but bring her down anytime and we'll go reef diving! JDC goes out every day, morning and afternoon. School gets out in a few weeks (woo hoo!) so any day, any time, let me know and we'll go diving!!!!!

Where are you off to next?

Hey, I have every other Friday off. That may be a good day to do some diving when the boats aren't quite "weekend-full". I'll keep you posted!!!

I bet someone can't wait for school to be out!!!! :crafty:

And... thinking about doing Indonesia over Christmas this year. I have a friend who lives in Bali, so I'd stay on that island for at least a week. Probably not really going to be a hard sell on his part. :wink:

Uhm... Your friend Al lives in Melbourne...

Al

Oooops.....sorry about that. Why did I think you lived in Orlando? Geography is not my strong point. You must have been working with students out of Orlando at one time and it stuck in my mind????

Hey, I have every other Friday off. That may be a good day to do some diving when the boats aren't quite "weekend-full". I'll keep you posted!!!

I bet someone can't wait for school to be out!!!! :crafty:

And... thinking about doing Indonesia over Christmas this year. I have a friend who lives in Bali, so I'd stay on that island for at least a week. Probably not really going to be a hard sell on his part. :wink:

Wow....what a great trip and memorable way to spend Christmas! Want to take Al and I along and we can do Sea Signs there? :eyebrow:

Last day of school is June 10, 2 1/2 weeks away, but who's counting? :D

Looking forward to diving with you again. Any idea when you might come down this way?

Wow....what a great trip and memorable way to spend Christmas! Want to take Al and I along and we can do Sea Signs there? :eyebrow:

Last day of school is June 10, 2 1/2 weeks away, but who's counting? :D

Looking forward to diving with you again. Any idea when you might come down this way?

Yeah! I'll teach a Sea Signs class in Indonesia... but, it will be expensive...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom