Hole in the Wall in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course.....LOL. Can't let a weekend go by without diving at least once! :D Friday I'm driving up to Palm Bay for a housewarming party and spending the night (I don't like to drink and drive). I won't make it back in time to dive Sat. morning, and Saturday afternoon I'm finally taking a Sea Signs class from a friend of mine. Sunday is my dive club's Shrimp Boil, but a bunch of us are going to be able to dive Blue Heron Bridge before the festivities. The following Saturday we have a first Saturday of the month dive in West Palm Beach with Little Deeper (who I did my infamous "special dive" with...lol). I'll probably go out with JDC on Sunday. I'm sorry, what was your question? :eyebrow: Let me know if you'd like to dive.

FYI, I dove The Hole In the Wall yesterday, Tuesday, April 22 with the Jupiter Dive Center. Captain Tim, Les and, Clay were the crew.

Some of the wildlife seen: seven bull sharks (Carcharhinus leucas), one sandbar shark (Carcharhinus plumbeus), bunches of jack crevalle, some pairs of mating horse-eye jacks, amberjacks, schools of bonita and, a cobia swimming with a shark.

The next two dives were at Mike's and the MG -111 which netted, southern stingrays, loggerhead and hawksbill turtles, several jewfish and more amberjacks.

I always enjoy diving with the Jupiter Dive Center. Gerry Carroll the owner, Adam and the rest of the gang really try hard to deliver what you expect from a professional dive operation.

FYI, I dove The Hole In the Wall yesterday, Tuesday, April 22 with the Jupiter Dive Center. Captain Tim, Les and, Clay were the crew.

Some of the wildlife seen: seven bull sharks (Carcharhinus leucas), one sandbar shark (Carcharhinus plumbeus), bunches of jack crevalle, some pairs of mating horse-eye jacks, amberjacks, schools of bonita and, a cobia swimming with a shark.

The next two dives were at Mike's and the MG -111 which netted, southern stingrays, loggerhead and hawksbill turtles, several jewfish and more amberjacks.

I always enjoy diving with the Jupiter Dive Center. Gerry Carroll the owner, Adam and the rest of the gang really try hard to deliver what you expect from a professional dive operation.

Thanks for the great report! You never know what you're going to see when you go on dives with JDC, but it's almost guaranteed that you'll have a good time and enjoy it. I agree that they have a top notch operation and crew, and they succeed in their attempts in making each person feel special and a valuable customer. They are personable, friendly, professional, and go out of their way to ensure you have a good time. They are my favorite LDS, and when people come from out of town or state and want to dive, that's where I take them. It's always a memorable experience for them.

Of course.....LOL. Can't let a weekend go by without diving at least once! :D Friday I'm driving up to Palm Bay for a housewarming party and spending the night (I don't like to drink and drive). I won't make it back in time to dive Sat. morning, and Saturday afternoon I'm finally taking a Sea Signs class from a friend of mine. Sunday is my dive club's Shrimp Boil, but a bunch of us are going to be able to dive Blue Heron Bridge before the festivities. The following Saturday we have a first Saturday of the month dive in West Palm Beach with Little Deeper (who I did my infamous "special dive" with...lol). I'll probably go out with JDC on Sunday. I'm sorry, what was your question? :eyebrow: Let me know if you'd like to dive.

I wish I could go that weekend, but uh, currently, I right outside Tokyo, Japan for a couple of weeks. So that would be one heck of a flight to get to Jupiter by then. :wink: When I get back, I'll be in touch so I can get back to diving pronto! Let me know how your Sea Signs class goes, I've been interested in taking one. I have a friend who bought the book and kinda has been teaching himself, but what the heck. Take a class and do it quicker.

The rate you're diving, you'll be at 200 dives in no time flat. I hope you realize that, ha ha ha! And that is not a bad thing at all.

And guess what? Guess who is interested now in scuba diving? I think going out on the boat with us made my sister realize that the big bad shark isn't going to get her and now she wants to sign up for Open Water. We made it look cool without even trying!

Hope your next couple of weekends are a blast! :D

I wish I could go that weekend, but uh, currently, I right outside Tokyo, Japan for a couple of weeks. So that would be one heck of a flight to get to Jupiter by then. :wink: When I get back, I'll be in touch so I can get back to diving pronto! Let me know how your Sea Signs class goes, I've been interested in taking one. I have a friend who bought the book and kinda has been teaching himself, but what the heck. Take a class and do it quicker.

The rate you're diving, you'll be at 200 dives in no time flat. I hope you realize that, ha ha ha! And that is not a bad thing at all.

And guess what? Guess who is interested now in scuba diving? I think going out on the boat with us made my sister realize that the big bad shark isn't going to get her and now she wants to sign up for Open Water. We made it look cool without even trying!

Hope your next couple of weekends are a blast! :D

What fantastic news! Of course, I'm jealous of you being in Japan, but we also know that Jupiter diving is world class diving also. Due to a student of mine being killed last week the Sea Signs class was scrapped. Want to do it together? I have a fantastic friend who is also an instructor for the course. It'd be fun to learn (and invent new) signs that are helpful in the water with a few friends.

When are you getting back from Japan? JDC is going to do another Hole in the Wall dive on May 25th if you're interested. Otherwise, there's other great dives going on that I'd love to have you along with! You've got my number.....give me a call and let's go diving.....Woooohooooo!

Sandy

I'm out for the 25th....D'OH! It's Memorial Day weekend so I'll be playing around in the keys for at least half the weekend.

I'm out for the 25th....D'OH! It's Memorial Day weekend so I'll be playing around in the keys for at least half the weekend.

Oh, darn! Well, have fun in the Keys, anyway. I was going to email you to see if you and Kenny wanted to join in on the dive, but I guess I won't now. :shakehead:
I guess you guys will get some good diving in down there.

I'm itching to get down to Jupiter again!

Jupiter- I'm sorry to hear about your student. Which one? Did you mention him/her to me before?

Flstar- so glad your sister is willing to dive! heck, maybe she saw me acting like such an idiot with my tank floating away and my flashlight held to my check instead of my head that she felt no matter what she couldn't be worse off than me.

If only NY and Fl were much closer, i'd take the signing class with you. Maybe i'll find the book and just learn on my own. Anyone know how to find the book?

I'm itching to get down to Jupiter again!

Jupiter- I'm sorry to hear about your student. Which one? Did you mention him/her to me before?

Flstar- so glad your sister is willing to dive! heck, maybe she saw me acting like such an idiot with my tank floating away and my flashlight held to my check instead of my head that she felt no matter what she couldn't be worse off than me.

If only NY and Fl were much closer, i'd take the signing class with you. Maybe i'll find the book and just learn on my own. Anyone know how to find the book?

Laurie,

I got the book and video from Al. He trained "our group," and I'm the snail in it (I'm sure there's a sign for me in there somewhere....lol). We still have to get together and go over them. Al and I were supposed to complete the course last Saturday, but a student of mine was crossing the street Friday on his bike and got hit by a car and was killed, so it bummed me out to the point I was in no emotional condition to think about sea signing (I'm such an emotional whimp).

Some of the best diving memories aren't always the dives themselves....it can be the antics that friends get into while the dive is happening! That's why it's always so much fun when groups of us can get together and dive......never a dull moment :D
Hope you can come back to visit soon, Lauie! Carrie, bring your sis down here so we can initiate her correctly! :eyebrow:

Hi Gang,
This was very interesting reading. Sandi, Congrats on your 100th dive, I can't think of a place better than the Hole in the Wall to spend it. I don't think I have dived with you. I would like to invite you out on the Emerald complimentary so you can see (first hand) what we do. We have a lot of photogs, we spearfish and we have fun. When I first started running weekly Hole in the Wall trips a few years ago when I owned JDC, people thought it was crazy. IT IS AN ADVANCED DIVE. We do it several times a week now on the Emerald and we ONLY take good divers. We don't do any hook and line fishing while divers are in the water as I read on the posts but we get our fair share underwater. I have dived the Hole in the Wall more than 500 times and the one constant is there is no constant. Glad to see everyone in the water. PM or call me at (561) 248-8332 to take me up on that offer or email me from my website scuba diving jupiter. Hope to meet you soon.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom