holding nose while scuba diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As discussed extensively in this post

it is perfectly possible to wear a nose clip inside the mask without compromising the emptying of the water or the equalization, as also shown in the video by Hans Hass:

This technique was very popular between the 40s and 60s, as can be seen from the photos and articles of that period.

Arise! Arise! 17 year dead thread back to life
Well, better late than never. And I'm amazed that it took so long.
Many wrong things have been written (in various threads not only in this one), a clarification in defense of the use of the nose clip in diving was a must, at least framing it in the right historical context.

Looks like someone is on a mission to vindicate nose clips.

Let's all fight those windmills!!!!

It's alive
I didn't think there was a rule in this forum that revitalizing old threads was condemnable or blameworthy. I thought that if others are looking for informations, they should have the right informations.

It's takes a good effort of coaching to overcome water in nose problem syndrome
I found some windmills Ana during a local safari yesterday

044 (2).JPG

I find them terrifying

It was very hilarious, indeed.
Have you finished?
I thought I saw those funny situations where high school bullies beat up the weird guy.
This reaction seems exaggerated to me, and makes me think that perhaps someone else is afraid of windmills...

That said, I just remember that a lot of misinformation has been made. I hope Angelita80 solved her problem a long time ago, possibly without using the nose clip, but it is good to remember that generations of divers have used it in the past, nowadays a lot of freedivers use it and nobody laughs at them. I myself use it and thinking that someone finds it strange makes me laugh.

What matters is that the truth is restored 😤.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom