HOG Regulators - Do you still love them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do I sign up to become a shill for Edge/HOG??? I love their gear, I appreciate their business model and prices... I guess I must have missed the memo where I could actually get PAID for diving with their gear and telling other folks about it????... Dang it.... :wink:

As long as HOG and Zeagle keep supporting their consumers they way they currently do, I'll continue to be more than happy being an un-paid "shill" for their gear both online and at dive sites... :D

I'll be another HOG supporter!

Sorry for the delay. I've been on the road a ton lately with both business and a unexpected 9 days out of office for other stuff.

I shipped you out a complete front cover today by UPS

I received it a few days ago, thanks for sending it out. Nice touch the mask strap, too :)

I tried to not bother responding but really...

I don't use shills, not my style. I have figured out along this journey of life however that normally the first to accuse somebody of something unethical/immoral/illegal is normally a practitioner of whatever it is they accuse others of. That is why they assume others are doing it...because they do.

I have been in the recreational dive industry 15 years, I have a few instr certs and thousands of dives. I have NO intention of marketing or formatting my company to what is in essence is a failed model. If the approach EDGE/HOG takes offends you...too bad. Really. My responsibility is to make a business plan for now and the future based upon the reality of TODAY, not the past and certainly not some fantasy of what the industry "should" be (esp. when that fantasy involves uneducated consumers, margins that border on gouging in one area of the business and unprofitable efforts in every other aspect of what we do while doing everything we can to have substandard training and instructors become the new standard).

In short, if you have a problem with EDGE/HOG because of how we do things, be an adult and address that in the right venue (post in the EDGE area and instead of deleting it I will address it), otherwise why try to derail this thread and accuse my company of employing shrills? Pretty weak.

I'd thank this if I could . . . :wink:

<ran out of thanks clicks> :giggle:

Getting back on topic, has anyone here taken HOG regs really deep? I'm talking like 300 feet.

I'll let you know someday. ;-)
Gimmy like a few years!

Getting back on topic, has anyone here taken HOG regs really deep? I'm talking like 300 feet.

It is interesting why we (and I'm including myself bigtime) get facinated with the performance of regulators at great depth, and assume this will "weed out" the "average" regs from the "great" ones.

At 300', unless one has a deathwish, you will NOT be breathing air, but a mix with helium in it.... Thus a breathing gas that has lower density. I have not done the math (and honestly, can't remember how), but with a helium mix I would expect the breathing performance at 300' to be not much different from the performance at recreational depths on air?

So when we consider how regs perform at great depth, we are comparing apples and oranges because the density of the breathing gas is different.

All scuba regs are depth-compensating, and my limited expedience to about 200' (on air) was that I did not really notice much or any difference in breathing resistance, and this was with an unbalanced regulator back in the 1970's that is in every way inferior to the HOG regs.

Having said all that, I'd be interested in knowing how those divers who have taken the HOG's deep have liked them :D

Best wishes.

did expedition chukk all deep work 200 plus and no worries the company is also great to work with

Keep the info coming, I too am considering these regs. I can get these at retail cheaper than I get Mares or atomic as staff at my LDS

Have I posted in here yet? I don't recall.

I still love my HOG regs. I had a high pressure seat failure on a first stage, and Chris sent out parts to me very quickly at no cost. Failures happen, so this doesn't mean they have bad product, only that I got unlucky. I'm sure cave fills had nothing to do with it :D (mild sarcasm there)

I cracked a second stage body somehow, my regs get beat up when I do sump and sinkhole exploration dives. I didn't notice the crack for several dives, and when I did, Chris took care of me yet again.

I've taken them over 150 feet deep and they functioned flawlessly. My one complaint? Not left hand convertible, so I'm forced to use a Scubapro 2nd stage on my left SM tank.

Back
Top Bottom