HOG Morph1000 Core Canister Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had a chance to play with one of these? I like the idea of the 3 different settings, but have not been able to find anything about burn times and lumens on the different settings.

I see no good reason for such a light:

- poor batery
- poor optics
- additional options for cable failure
- too light and to thin cable
- too small canister to hook long hose
- glove goodman ?????
- 3 mode : see nothing , see little more than nothing , see something

maybe could be useful with videosetup , but definitly not with deep SMO reflector

IMO : waste of money you get much more with some DRIS 1000 or similar from HOG

Last edited:
I see no good reason for such a light:

- poor batery Up to 6 hours does no sound bad, but that is why I am asking about burn times.
- poor optics Have you actually used one? Or are you guessing?
- additional options for cable failure True, not my favorite option. But might be useful for charging?
- too light and to thin cable Once again, have you actually tried one? How heavy and thick should a cable be?
- too small canister to hook long hose Maybe? You just need an inch or so to hold a long hose. A 2 foot long canister would then make it more difficult to deploy the hose as well.
- glove goodman ????? Not a chance. I would have to attach it to a normal goodman handle.
- 3 mode : see nothing , see little more than nothing , see something This is the main reason to look into this light. There are not enought lights that offer this option. With bad vis it is nice to have some lumen to see (which this light could use more). With good vis it is nice to turn the light down some on night dives. I can have conditions that range from close to 0 up to 30+ visibility.

IMO : waste of money you get much more with some DRIS 1000 or similar from HOG I already have the DRIS 500 and 1000 as backup lights

I am not saying it is the perfect light, but I wanted more information than I can currently find.

My wife and I each bought one a few weeks ago. It's a solid light for the money. Being able to change out the head to video and also being able to run two video heads on the same can is a big plus. The negative with these are the stock mounting options, which is an easy negative to overcome if you have any experience at all in rigging gear.

So what does the manual say about burn times and lumens?

Someone needs to make a video of this light vs a few other lights! (21W HID, DRIS1000...etc.)

So what does the manual say about burn times and lumens?

It says 5-6 hours if I recall correctly. It didn't say which setting that was in though, so I assume low. I will try and do a burn test later and post back with results.

No big deal.

I just thought they would have had a simple chart with the setting, burn time and lumen.

Thanks for the link, I actually found that video the other day when trying to find info about the light. I am kind of waiting for the new narrow beam titan scula to come out. Burn time is not that great either, but it is self contained with the option to add a battery pack later if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom