HOG Mask - Predator / Razor the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KneeDeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all... I'm really looking at getting a HOG mask.

DiveRightInScuba has a HOG masked named Razorbak

ScubaToys has a HOG mask named Predator

I can't tell, but are they the same mask or different?

Looks pretty close to me......also looks like a Rona.

They are the same mask. My dealer sheet just refers to them as the HOG frameless as does the HOG website. It should not surprise anyone remotely familiar with the industry to see the similarities between it and others since with only a couple of exceptions, there are like 3 manufacturers of masks in the world. So the major who tells you that the mask they sell really does need to be priced at 79.99 that looks the same except for the logo is likely being less than honest. I thought I was getting a great deal when I got my first mask (a Scubamax Panoramic). The dealer told me he sold all masks for 59.00 so that divers would not have to choose based on price. I thought that was ok. He had some in the shop that had MSRP's of up to 89.00. I did not know that some of those cost him around 20 bucks. And the one I chose with a MSRP (supposedly) of 69.99 cost him a few cents over 15.00. I found this out when I started working for the shop and saw the same mask come in on a DEMA special at 12.50 each.

I just got my Predator mask from Scuba Toys for $22 buck and dove it last week. Very happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I just got my Predator mask from Scuba Toys for $22 buck and dove it last week. Very happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Very nice to hear. I'm thinking about getting 2... 1 for primary and 1 for backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom