HOG D1 First Stage Discontinued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech3324

Lionfish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just noticed this from the HOG site:

This product was retired January 2017 and is no longer available. Please consider one of our other fine first stages as a replacment to meeet your needs.

For what its worth there are some advantages to the D3s especially if you are using them as a stage reg as in pressurize and turn off (D3 is better sealed Not a major issue but it could happen) but I will continue to run my D1s until I have to replace them.

I wonder if this is the reason why the D1 service kit is sold much more expensively than the D3 where I live.

Is it just me or have HOG prices risen substantially over the past few years? I'm sure I recall HOG gear being priced at the budget end of the scale, I could be mistaken.

Last edited:
I bought a D1 DIN (unsealed) 1st and Classic 2nd in March for $170 from one of the big online shops. Haven't check HOG prices recently.

they have escalated in price, but at least they are available without having to play the "cloak and dagger game"....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom