Hockey stick ?? - Info Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@TBone 1004
I suspect Roger is no longer with us and is now instructing in that big class room in the sky, I was fortunate that we all remained in loose contact all those many years- I have several of Rogers boot legged CDs of him playing at a recital .

Immediately after college Roger and Danny Styles joined Woody Herman's "Third Herd" and were with him until it was disbanded . After Korea I was at a big SoCal church dance which featured Woody's Herd . My girl friend at the time and I danced close to the band stand and there was Danny - who stopped playing and pointed to me -- he then poked Roger who also stopper playing and made a motion to me -- We all had a reunion duriing the breaks -- certainly impressed my SoCal girl friend . That was the last time I personally met with Danny or Roger.

About ten years ago I began playing a CD that featured Peggy Lee live from a bar in NYC. I always read the foot notes - this time I discovered Danny and Roger were backing Peggy Lee.

Peggy Lee's birth name as I recall Norma Egstrom- who happened to be the aunt of Dr. Glen Egstrom who was President of LA Co UIA and Later NAUI. Called Glen - it was a recording (CD) he was unaware of and didn't have in his collection- I burnt him a copy

Shortly there after the Peggy lee gig ended Roger entered into education at U of SC where he remained for the rest of his life

I haven't the slightest idea what the all has to do with Spear guns and spear fishing -- but I was the originator of the thread and it is my option to post what I want !

Sam Miller, III

Update Hockey stick

I was visiting a spearfishing /wood working friend to use his special wood mill to mill a larger flat area to increase the size of my short gun's stabilizer's wings.

We were chatting about a new gun for my wife constructed from a hockey stick .

He pulled out a well used complete hockey stick from a rafter storage area-- "Like this Stick?" he inquired. It was his grandson who lives in the snow country of the west who left it there as a practice stick while visiting.

After close examination and careful measurements we came to the conclusion that at hockey stick was too thin and would be too flimsy to use as a basis for a spear gun.

So the subject is closed -- No hockey stick spear gun for my Canadian born wife

Thank each and every one for your welcomed advice

Sam Miller, 111 .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom