Hockey stick ?? - Info Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought that we would get a discussion of underwater hockey.

@Hoag

Exactly the design I had in mind--

I was so dumb and ugly(still am) I had to import my wife -- I got a red head from Toronto, Ontario, Canada who according to her there are only two spectator sports with only two teams -- the Maple Leaf's and a distance second Notre Dame football.-- I am an American and don't understand Hockey but we both enjoy ND foot ball however are not of the Catholic faith- but every two years in October we fly back to South Bend to the ND vs USC game were we generally have seats in ND section and cheer for both teams - especially since my wife's doctorate is from USC-
You may accurately state "a confused home containing confused fans"

I was thinking about a Maple leaf on one side and a USC on the other to create a "gun confused"

BUT would it be a sports conflict or even an international conflict to have two sports symbols carved in to the barrel of a red headed Canadian / American ?

Thank you for your concern and the Maple Leaf

Sam Miller, III

@Hoag those are fighting words

this one looks MUCH better

220px-Boston_Bruins.svg.png

@Sam Miller III the B may have some fighting words, but the USC Trojan may look awfully like the Ottawa Senator and that may ignite divorce if she's a big Leaf's fan...

@TBone 1004
I must confess my total and absolute ignorance to the game -- never watch it
So what team does your logo represent ?
``````````````````````````````
I note you are a sax player-- my good friend was Boots Randolph. He passed away on the 3 of July several years ago,, Every year at our neighborhood 4th of July celebration it has become traditional to play patriotic songs as well as a few toots from boots.

Sam Miller,III

@TBone 1004
I note you are a sax player-- my good friend was Boots Randolph. He passed away on the 3 of July several years ago,, Every year at our neighborhood 4th of July celebration it has become traditional to play patriotic songs as well as a few toots from boots.

Sam Miller,III
That is the logo of the Boston Bruins, who like the Maple Leafs (and Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens, Detroit Redwings and NY Rangers) form what is known as the "Original Six" (teams in the NHL). The "Those are fighting words." is a reference to the fact that no matter what happens during the regular season, the Bruins and the Leafs seem to always meet up in the first round of the play-offs. It also seems that the Bruins are the Leafs' "kryptonite". The Leafs just can't seem to beat them. (As I write this, the two teams are headed back to Boston for a 7th and deciding game. The winner of that game will move on, and the loser's season ends.)

Many years ago I was in Toronto during a Maple Leafs-Raleigh Hurricanes hockey game on business. Was having dinner and the game was on. When I cheered a bit when the Hurricanes scored, I got a lot of dirty looks. When I simply said I was from Raleigh, they said that was ok then. Turned out that they all liked Raleigh because we showed respect to the Canadian anthem when it was played.

I know nothing about hockey and I have zero interest in spearfishing. However, when you finish this project I would love it if you shared the results because I bet it will be freakin' awesome!

@TBone 1004

Sam Miller,III

Hope Yakety Sax is on that playlist!

Yep Yakety Sax is a favorite ! A traditional must play several times

I also noticed you were from the Carolinas.
I also had a friend Roger Pemberton who was a Sax player who taught music at the U of S or N Carolina
He has of course retired and is considered the music professor emeritus

Are you familiar Roger ?

Sam Miller, III

Back
Top Bottom