Hit the pool today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Looped,
By practising in the pool you are going to make your life and your instructor's much easier once you begin the scuba course. When I used to teach, I could tell easily who felt confident using mask, fins and snorkel and who was a firsttimer.
Being a nose breather is natural and a good thing on land, but soon you are learning to separate nose and mouth breathing the moment you enter the water.
A very good excersise you can practice at home is to wear the mask full of water and talk (you can do this next the basin or in the bath tub). It would be a good idea to warn anybody in the house about what you are doing or you will sleep in the madhouse when they find you in the bathroom talking to yourself wearing a mask full of water.This skill will force you to breath only through your mouth and will be very helpful when you practice mask cleraing and mask removal in your future course.
When you snorkel in the pool think about the big salty pool full of fish you will be diving in very soon...

ClayJar:
leah: When you say that your Timex Iron Man watch has a lap button that keeps track for you so you don't need to keep count, does it actually count up once per press? I need a lap counter of some sort, myself. . :D

Clay,
In the main mode--time it tells me day of the week and the date like today it says We 10-25 below that it tells me the time 1:43 52 P

In the next mode chrono which is what I use swiming or sometimes diving, it tells me total time, time for this lap, and lap number. My instructions said it only went to 50 laps, but for some reason it goes to a 100 and I didn't buy the more expensive model to get the extra 50 count. It beeps when it accepts the hit on the button and you can hear it under water so you don't have to look to see if it took the hit.

It has a timer stop watch mode. You can also stop and start the time in chrono. In timer mode an alarm will sound after the elasped time.

It also has an alarm on it and the indiglo night light

I have had it on since I bought it in Feb of this year. It has been on every dive and pool workout and in the shower everytime and also the sauna, steam room and hot tub. The finish is starting to come off the rubber:huh: , but it still works great:no . I bought the blue one and the rubber underneath the blue finish is a blue gray and it looks ok. It says it is good to 100m, but I have only had it down to a little over 100 feet.

Over all, I am really happy with it for what I paid and what it does.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom