Hip pouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive in a wetsuit and also like my X-Shorts. I'm not sure if I would like them in a dry suit, but maybe someone with a dry suit could speak to that issue.

Christian

I use a pair of x shorts for my combination of wetsuits, permanent pockets on the drysuit.

Ditto. I never felt comfortable with just glue on wetsuits. These shorts only see single tank dives on vacation, so the most I have to carry is wetnotes, surface marker, spool and data logger.

I would send the drysuit off to Mark at Superior to have them sewn on instead of just glued if they are after market additions. He's good, fast and it's well worth the price if they are not already sewn on.

The X-shorts may look funny to some, but they are convenient.

mer:
I use a pair of x shorts for my combination of wetsuits, permanent pockets on the drysuit.

Dan Gibson:
Ditto. I never felt comfortable with just glue on wetsuits. These shorts only see single tank dives on vacation, so the most I have to carry is wetnotes, surface marker, spool and data logger.

I would send the drysuit off to Mark at Superior to have them sewn on instead of just glued if they are after market additions. He's good, fast and it's well worth the price if they are not already sewn on.

The X-shorts may look funny to some, but they are convenient.

I understand the economics of the X-shorts for those using a bunch of different wetsuits. I personally disagree with it since I would just glue pockets on every wetsuit I used, but I understand. I don't have this issue since I either use a 3mm full suit or a drysuit. However, worrying about the glue is extremely missplaced. Once glued (at least the DUI and Halcyon pockets with which I have experience) these things are not going anywhere. I routinely drop a 3-5 pound weight in my pocket and this has no effect at all.

I think the glue problem has been for after market additions. Most people don't get it right despite the instructions and the pockets end up peeling off in no time.

I'd love to not have to wear the X-shorts. The problem I have is I don't dive the wetsuit enough to make me get off my lazy butt and have them glued on. You know those projects that you swear you will get to but never do.

RTodd:
I understand the economics of the X-shorts for those using a bunch of different wetsuits. I personally disagree with it since I would just glue pockets on every wetsuit I used, but I understand. I don't have this issue since I either use a 3mm full suit or a drysuit. However, worrying about the glue is extremely missplaced. Once glued (at least the DUI and Halcyon pockets with which I have experience) these things are not going anywhere. I routinely drop a 3-5 pound weight in my pocket and this has no effect at all.

RTodd:
I don't have this issue since I either use a 3mm full suit or a drysuit. However, worrying about the glue is extremely missplaced. Once glued (at least the DUI and Halcyon pockets with which I have experience) these things are not going anywhere. I routinely drop a 3-5 pound weight in my pocket and this has no effect at all.
Same here. I either dive dry or a 3mm full suit. When you glued them on your wetsuit did you wear the suit, or stretch the leg?

grunzster:
Same here. I either dive dry or a 3mm full suit. When you glued them on your wetsuit did you wear the suit, or stretch the leg?

I just make sure the leg is relatively flat. The only "stretching" is just to make sure it is flat enough to glue on the pocket. You mark the location with the suit on your leg. This part is much easier with assistance. You will see that it is basically the same when you lay the pocket over the outline when the suit is sitting on a bench.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom