Hinge Cam Bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just bought some diverite cam bands off the internet. They were listed as Stainless Steel Hinge bands. When I got them, I noticed that they're not the normal bands you see on most tanks. Kind of hard to describe, but there's only one way to adjust them -- one end of the nylon goes through one hinge and then velcros to itself. The "loose" (velcroed end) is actually on the inside of the band once you close it.

On the pro side, it seems to "lock in" one length. So you wouldn't "lose" the proper fit if you changed tanks between dives. But on the con side, it seems to lack the abilty to make quick adjustments.

Any advice? Maybe I need to post a pic to explain this better. Thanks in advance!

it seems to lack the abilty to make quick adjustments.
I'm familiar with that style, making an adjustment is as quick as peeling & repositioning the velcroed end, way faster than those crispy old plastic buckles that you need to be a macrame' expert to adjust. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom