Hilo area shore diving suggestions/buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jono33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aloha, i'm visiting the Hilo area and looking for someone to do some diving with hopefully monday the 16 or Tuesday the 17th, or possibly a few days before or after that if it worked out. Thinkin' shore dives would be cool 'cause i don't have tons of cash to spend on boats so I was hoping to meet up with someone familiar with the area and get underwater for a while. I'm a rescue diver, visiting from MN, got some gear but will rent some too. Let me know if you want to meet up one of those days!-peace-jono

Hi jono33,

I won't be able to dive during that period (work and family commitments), but can offer advice if needed.

Nautilus Dive Center in Hilo does run guided shore dives in Hilo. I don't know what the price is; it is where you will probably want to rent your equipment. There are currently no dive boats running out of Hilo (weather can be "iffy" on this side of the island, thus all the dive boats are on the Kona / Kohala side).

Enjoy your stay, and feel free to PM me if you have questions about diving in Hilo.

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom