Hijacking! How good are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he dives too?

Never forget your friends when there is a boat involved. :D

One of my clients has been begging me for years now to dive for golf balls with him. He donates the money he makes to charity.

I don't socialize too much with clients. A few but, not many. Mostly the ones I've had for over 5 years.

Plus, he's kind of a nut ball. Keep telling him No but, he is persistant.

You know how it goes with having to keep it professional.

cat_and_gun.jpg

So, he dives too?

Never forget your friends when there is a boat involved. :D

One of my clients has been begging me for years now to dive for golf balls with him. He donates the money he makes to charity.

I don't socialize too much with clients. A few but, not many. Mostly the ones I've had for over 5 years.

Plus, he's kind of a nut ball. Keep telling him No but, he is persistant.

You know how it goes with having to keep it professional.

He is not certified but is considering it. He's got a sweet boat and has some friends who dive. He said he would take me out with his other friends or anyone else that I want to bring out in the lake. He is even willing to install a tank rack to make sure the tanks don't fall over. Summer was looking good and now it is looking even better.

For the most part, my clients are not part of my personal life. I need to have that separation but there are some who are pretty cool people to hang out with. Plus there are some who just by way of the type of legal work I am doing demand to be part of my social life. As in, there are some that pay more in taxes that I make in a year and well, they expect to socially involved with those that work with them. Besides when you own a company you have to be available to those who pay your bills.

He is not certified but is considering it. He's got a sweet boat and has some friends who dive. He said he would take me out with his other friends or anyone else that I want to bring out in the lake. He is even willing to install a tank rack to make sure the tanks don't fall over. Summer was looking good and now it is looking even better.

For the most part, my clients are not part of my personal life. I need to have that separation but there are some who are pretty cool people to hang out with. Plus there are some who just by way of the type of legal work I am doing demand to be part of my social life. As in, there are some that pay more in taxes that I make in a year and well, they expect to socially involved with those that work with them. Besides when you own a company you have to be available to those who pay your bills.

I hear ya! I just got home from a clients house. She lost her job and I've been trading dinner for massage for awhile now. I was sick a lot this winter so, I haven't seen her in awhile. She decided that tonite was just to catch up and socialize and I can give her a massage next time. Even gave me a bunch of leftovers.

I've been working on her for over 8+ years so, we have a good relationship.

There's not many I would do that for at all.

I hear ya! I just got home from a clients house. She lost her job and I've been trading dinner for massage for awhile now. I was sick a lot this winter so, I haven't seen her in awhile. She decided that tonite was just to catch up and socialize and I can give her a massage next time. Even gave me a bunch of leftovers.

I've been working on her for over 8+ years so, we have a good relationship.

There's not many I would do that for at all.

sometimes it is nice to be able to still work with someone even if they can't pay cash for the work. So long as they appreciate the service you are providing, that is. I have loads of folks that try to get legal advice for no cost but are also the people that I really have no relationship with at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom