High Pressure Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverl

Reaction score
A friend wants to get rid of a couple of HP 80's. I am considering turning them into a set of small doubles. My lDS and the dive charter I use can fill to 3500 psi no problem. LDS does not use partial pressure blending for Nitrox, dive charter does, but still should not be a problem. I was wondering if there was anyone who would recomend against this and why?

There are a number of things you need to think about before you whip out the greenbacks.

have you ever dived doubles? If not then you should do so, you may not like diving with doubles.

next are they hooked together already or will you need to by the hardware, this, by itself, can cost a few hundred dollars by itself.

lastly, do you have a bc that will accept doubles or will you need to buy another (think about your regs also they need to be DIN and you need two of them)

now I feel thaat if you can answer yes to this then you will love you tanks.

I dive with a halcyon 55lb explorer wing/ss backplate. Currently have a set of double 72 lp steels. I would have to purchase a 300 bar manifold but that would be offset by the fact that the tanks are almost free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom