High endurance velcro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you are essentially asking for advice/information from a pool of people that you don't know and have no reason to trust, and when you get that advice you just reject it as not being good enough.

You are not seeking advice, you are seeking confirmation.

Anyone can come on here and state they are the textile subject matter expert for whatever diving company and after strict scientific research they have come to the conclusion that x-brand velcro is the product you need to be using.

The reality is you have no way to verify the veracity of their claim any more than the advice I have provided in my previous post.

If your ability to enjoy or successfully make it to the end of your planned dive trip depends on what velcro you should sew onto your booties then you need a psychiatrist/psychologist more than you need advice from an internet forum....or you can just save the money on therapy and just buy a set of booties that have the features you want/need and maintain the mentality that manufacturer has invested lots of time and effort into thinking about that component of their product on your behalf.

Have fun on your trip and let us know how it all works out for you.

-Z

I'm not really sure how I managed to insult you by suggesting someone else may have alternative input. I genuinely didn't mean to disagree with you at any point, but I'm happy you're upset that I'm interested in potential alternative views. I appreciate your insults, as well.

Maybe in the future, I should avoid asking for DIY advice in a DIY forum. I felt I pretty clearly said no repairs are in my foreseeable future, BECAUSE I'm traveling. But yeah, it sounds better contorted your way, so we'll run with that.

Mods, please lock/delete this thread, as it's clearly been hand carried down the drain.

I'm not really sure how I managed to insult you by suggesting someone else may have alternative input. I genuinely didn't mean to disagree with you at any point, but I'm happy you're upset that I'm interested in potential alternative views. I appreciate your insults, as well.

Maybe in the future, I should avoid asking for DIY advice in a DIY forum. I felt I pretty clearly said no repairs are in my foreseeable future, BECAUSE I'm traveling. But yeah, it sounds better contorted your way, so we'll run with that.

Mods, please lock/delete this thread, as it's clearly been hand carried down the drain.

Have fun on your trip and good luck with your booties.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom