high cost of domestic air travel in Indonesia.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Luko
"tourism industry professional?" - sure... because this means so much these days... (the last of a dying breed)

You are confusing arrogance with experience, but whatever makes you feel better.

You have not stayed at the Aston in Sorong, I was recently there. You have stayed at a property in Ambon and somehow you want to equate the two.

If that's what you provide as a "professional" then you might need to look for a new gig (soon).

"tourism industry professional?" - sure... because this means something these days... (the last of a dying breed)

You are confusing arrogance with experience, but whatever makes you feel better.

If that's what you provide as a "professional" then you might need to look for a new gig (soon).
Hahaha... may I call you Ignatus... you remind me so much of that guy in a "Confederacy of Dunces".
Just full of hot air.

I browse ASTON Sorong Hotel & Conference Center - Overview, Room and Price. It looks very modern and clean hotel and for $80/night. The hotel & room look better than that of Swiss Belhotel.

Dan,

That was basically my point. YMMV, but it worked for us (and we liked it more than the Swiss-Belhotel).

The small bonus (when we checked in) was the person at the desk had spent 2 years in the UK studying, so their English was quite good (and were interested in conversing). My Bahasa Indonesian needs work...

Dan,

That was basically my point. YMMV, but it worked for us (and we liked it more than the Swiss-Belhotel).

The small bonus (when we checked in) was the person at the desk had spent 2 years in the UK studying, so their English was quite good (and were interested in conversing). My Bahasa Indonesian needs work...
The $20 difference in price may cover the 10-minute taxi ride (both ways, I think I paid Rp.100,000 or $7 one way) + the 20 minutes travel time loss if you stay in Swiss Belhotel.

How's WiFi access, in comparison to Swiss Belhotel?

The $20 difference in price may cover the 10-minute taxi ride (both ways, I think I paid Rp.100,000 or $7 one way) + the 20 minutes travel time loss if you stay in Swiss Belhotel.

How's WiFi access, in comparison to Swiss Belhotel?
It was pretty good (good enough to order food through, connect to work, etc.). I remember it dropping a couple of times in the evening (presumably when more people were trying to connect). My daughter said it was good enough for "insta" so take that for what it's worth.

You are clearly clueless...

First you say that no one is looking, then you say "just for NAIA."

New detection systems are scheduled for 4 additional airport in Ph, to be installed in the next 2 years. After that, still TBD.

You are struggling...

I am not at all.
So you are talking 5 out of how many airport in the country?
NPA has been limited mainly at certain area in Samar.
As for Mindanao!!!Have you been to Basilan, Jolo or South Cotabato?
BIFF and MILF still have significant influence in certain areas of Mindanao otherwise there won't be any need for the presence of large contingent of Philippines army.
The trouble in Mindonao is going to last for long long time.

Back to the topic: there are many airports I had used do not have anywhere to stay or within walking distance.

I am not at all.
So you are talking 5 out of how many airport in the country?
NPA has been limited mainly at certain area in Samar.
As for Mindanao!!!Have you been to Basilan, Jolo or South Cotabato?
BIFF and MILF still have significant influence in certain areas of Mindanao otherwise there won't be any need for the presence of large contingent of Philippines army.
The trouble in Mindonao is going to last for long long time.

Back to the topic: there are many airports I had used do not have anywhere to stay or within walking distance.

Read the article I linked to.

You clearly don't understand what's has happened in PH, nor do you understand what PH receives in return for the US bases being built.

Clueless. Yet you sit in HK with the PRC slowly taking away your freedoms.

@Centrals , @cetacean and @Luko, there's no percentage in you continuing on with your arguments. It will probably result in thread bans and/or thread closure. Let it go.

Back
Top Bottom