HID=Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have Read that hid lights draw bull sharks. What have you heard? :mean:

i've never seen a shark in a cave :wink:

ALL sharks can sense electriucal signals from any electrical kit you have, including your computer and your heart!!!!

Dont worry about it. Your bubbles will keep them away unless you happen to be carrying dinner.

I’ve heard anecdotal evidence that sharks are attracted to HIDs, scooters and rebreathers.

SeaGypsy once bubbled...
I’ve heard anecdotal evidence that sharks are attracted to HIDs, scooters and rebreathers.

Sounds like most divers then:D

HIDS, Lights and scooters put out large electrical fields so would be more obvious.

Rebreathers would put out no more than your average dive computer. But as they dont bubble they dont scare so much. Or is this another George Irvine started rumour to belittle the Inspiration!!!:)

madmole once bubbled...
Or is this another George Irvine started rumour to belittle the Inspiration!!!:)
Now, now... let's be gentle... George will give you plenty of ammo without any conjecture about what he might have done...
Rick :)

Actually I should take that back as George's very limited diving experince means he wont have ever seen a shark:D

Actually I found the perfect Shark deterent years ago while diving the Shark Observatory at Ras Mohammed. Its easy, just carry a loaded camera. No bloody decent fish will come anywhere near you then!!!!!!:upset:

My experience has been that I do see more sharks, particularly bulls, now that I'm diving an HID.

Tom

madmole once bubbled...
Actually I should take that back as George's very limited diving experince means he wont have ever seen a shark:D

Actually I found the perfect Shark deterent years ago while diving the Shark Observatory at Ras Mohammed. Its easy, just carry a loaded camera. No bloody decent fish will come anywhere near you then!!!!!!:upset:

About GI3's diving experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom