Does diving while on period attract sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to one of the videos, sharks can't or don't distinguish between types of mammalian blood. One of the videos also showed them lining up behind a steady drip of cow's blood – and I kind of suspect few sharks regularly feed on them either. :wink:
Many years ago- more than I care to admit- was trekking with a couple of friends along South African coast. We were told to cross the rivers only during low tide, the claim was that at high tide Zambezi sharks venture up the rivers to feed on occasional cattle or whatever/whoever they find in the rivers.

Never saw any Zambezis in rivers, only in the sea, so don't know if it was myth or whether the locals knew what they were talking about.

As someone who dove in a public aquarium for just over 20 years as an adult female, I can personally verify that at least some blacktip reef sharks, sandbars, nurse sharks, bonnet heads, sand tigers, black nose sharks, leopard sharks, horn sharks, swell sharks, tasseled wobegongs, ornate wobegongs, and chain cat sharks don't care about human menstrual blood.

Sorry for this question, but I have already heard that one drop of blood can attract sharks. Thus, if a woman dives when it's that time of month, is there a possibility sharks could be attracted to the area?
yes they will eat them alive. 🙄🤭🙄

As someone who dove in a public aquarium for just over 20 years as an adult female, I can personally verify that at least some blacktip reef sharks, sandbars, nurse sharks, bonnet heads, sand tigers, black nose sharks, leopard sharks, horn sharks, swell sharks, tasseled wobegongs, ornate wobegongs, and chain cat sharks don't care about human menstrual blood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom