hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikie22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
my autism is mild i have level 2 autism which mean i need help with lots of stuff in my life my mom helps me lots in my life shes my hero as a kid i always had her and i still have my mom now my favorite person is my mom i never had many friends but i was ok i can talk walk do lots of things i couldn't talk till age 5 couldn't walk till age 3 wasnt potty trained till age 4 living with autism is not easy i struggle everyday too do the best i can, i do have adhd, ocd, speech issues, i have bad learning issues i have asthma . allergy's i have anxiety issues bad i have night terrors i dont like yelling or mean people i cry when people are mean too me im over senstive i had lots of surgery's ,i dont like dentists, i like helping people, i love Christmas, Halloween, i like movies, music, video games, i like fishing, i cant swim deep water fears i like camping, i like disney, i like minecraft im really good at computers i do take adhd meds which are not helping but i will be getting new adhd meds i like pizza my favorite food ,

Hello Mikie22: Are you planning to dive? Fear of deep water could be legitimate. You don't have to dive deep to enjoy diving.

Maybe hook up with diveheart? I tried to get my disabled son engaged with them but I couldn't figure it out. Maybe you'll have better luck, they seem to do good work with those who they do engage with. diveheart.org @DiveHeart I suggest asking your mom to take a look at their website and maybe give them a call.

Hi Mike,

I will have to find it but there is a diving program for people with autism. Apparently much of your symptology can be alleviated underwater, believe it or not.
Welcome to SB.
I love your stream of consciousness, man. Let it flow.

Linking @DiveHeart 's website below. They are in Illinois, a bit of a haul, but have done wonderful work with people with autism and others who need assistance with diving. They may have a trainer near you.

Diveheart | Imagine the Possibilities

Best regards,
DDM

Hi Mikie22,
Welcome to the board! I like a lot of the same hobbies that you do, especially movies, music, and videogames. It sounds like you have a really awesome mom too!

I found a couple of organizations located in Michigan that help people of different abilities learn to snorkel and scuba dive. Here is some information:

West Michigan Adaptive Diving
West Michigan Adaptive Diving
"Our mission is to provide professional, high quality SCUBA training, equipment, support and service to everyone we encounter regardless of their abilities."

Adaptive Diving Unlimited
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Adaptive-Diving-Unlimited-2252481005027472/about/?ref=page_internal
"A Michigan 501(c)3 non-profit corporation dedicated to promoting and advocating for adaptive scuba diving for the handicapped."

Hey Mikie, nice of you to join our community! Diving is a great way to forget about all the hardships you face. I'm talking out of my own experience since I have autism as well and I'm diving for four years now. I think it'd be very brave of you if you decide to take up scuba diving. Though it will be difficult sometimes, there's a lot of people to help you on your way, as you can see in the posts above. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom