Hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A belated welcome to you too!
Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in essex...just on the outskirts of the M25.

I am not fond of UK waters - but when NDI's up and running I'm hoping it will give me a kick in the you know where to get involved more. Maybe it could do the same for you!

The UK is a superb place to dive - we have wrecks (Scapa Flow is unbelievable), we have REEFS (check St Abbs or the Clyde in Scotland, we have had over 180 confirmed sightings of sharks in UK waters this summer alone. Cold - thats what a dry suit is for! Murky? I have had 20m+ vis at St Abbs this year - ok, not the worlds best, but excellent for wrecks and wildlife.

I learned to dive in the tropics but I LOVE diving the UK coastline. Please give it a try - if you fancy a 'break the ice' if you ex use the pun, I will gladly meet you at Stoney COve in Leicestershire for an introduction! (Get your PADI drysuit card first!)

Thanks for the offer Jay

Next year I will contact my local club and learn what dry suits are all about and take you up on an intro to UK diving. As for now I've just done my cash at today's dive show and I'm off to the carribbean for a 7 day fix in 4 weeks time.

Scubababy

I'm in Welwyn, Hertfordshire and at the risk of sounding stupid what is NDI?

Neil,
You dont sound stupid at all - its me being stupid....I get carried away and jump up and down way to quickly at new things!!! Like giving me a lolly-pop (no rude connotations intended!)

NDI are the intitals for Neptune Divers International. Theres a thread that describes all the ins and outs of it in Basic Scuba Discussions.

LadyDiver and KingNeptune are in the throws of putting together an International Dive Club...and all being well we'll have a branch somewhere in the UK.

Click here for the thread on Neptune Divers International

Hope thats helped!

Hi Everyone!
I'm new to this board, and just wanted to stop by to say hello. I live on Martha's Vineyard -- a small island off the coast of Massachusettes. I'm fairly new to diving...but I have dove the Cenotes in Mexico! My boyfriend and I are simply passionate about diving, and we're heading to the Turks & Caicos in three weeks!
Liz
>^..^<

Malleycat....
Welcome to ScubaBoard!
I'm sure all the locals will introduce themselves!
You'll love Scubaboard....I cant get enough of it....worrying cause i spend more time on scubaboard than I do anything else!!!

Look forward to seeing u in the forum :D

Hi, from the other end of the country, California! And you have come to the right place at the right time! Today we kicked off (maybe that should be "finned off") our new format and you are one of our newest members in this format.

Besides, you and your boyfriend are passionate about scuba--so are we! Do have questions about scuba related topics? We have answers! Do you have answers? We have questions! Or, maybe you just want to sit in front of your PC and chuckle at what passes for humor here...that's just great, too!

And trips! Be sure to tell us all about your trips...we love to read about trips! And we will tell you about ours. And the next thing you know, you will be we!

Welcome to the Board!

Joewr

Wow, what a great welcoming committee! Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure you'll be seeing me posting quite a bit - as I am full of questions...and hopefully some answers :froggy: (gotta love these smilies! Bear with me...the novelty of these things will wear off soon I'm sure!).

Liz
FONT=arial]>^..^<[/FONT]

Liz

The novelty never wears off :jester: ......I have been here almost a year now....and I cant get enough of them!! :mean:

Hi Malleycat, I'm fairly new here and it is absolutely the best, most helpful site. I see you are going to T&C. I'm there in November and Doc has kindly provided me with some great information.

www.scubaboard.com/t3745/s.html

That is the first time I've tried to add a link, I hope it works. Anyway if not just have a look in the caribbean forum I think it's still top of the list.

Breathe Happy

Neil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom