hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajudy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to say hi. I'm new at this "forum thing" but since I love to scuba, thought I'd give it a try. I've been diving for over 15 years although I don't get to go as often as I want to (but is it ever enough?).

Aloha from a fellow Texan, although I now live in Kauai (hence the "aloha!"). Welcome to the boards. With the help of the search button, you'll find a treasure trove of information on here about all things scuba-related, and some not related :O) Happy diving to you - hope you make it out more often this year!

Aloha from Paradise,
Welcome to scuba board julie. I've found alot of really helpful information on scuba gear and tours from this site. Don't get addicted :0) I have family in Dallas! But haven't been able to visit too busy at work! Either way welcome to the family and to no it's never enough!:D:D

Thanks, how great is that? Living in Hawaii? Never been but plan on going one of these days. Which island is the best for diving?

Thanks, how great is that? Living in Hawaii? Never been but plan on going one of these days. Which island is the best for diving?

Make the plan a reality I tell everyone I know in the mainland to get a Hawaiian Miles credit card and start racking up some miles. You would be surprised at how fast they add up. Asking which island is best for diving is a hard question. Every island has something special about it. Oahu has some cool wrecks, Big island is famous for the manta ray night dive, Maui too and of course my baby Kauai. My personal favorites obviously Kauai (I'm biased I live here) and Big island. You really can't go wrong just depends on what type of vacation you are looking for. If you decide to plan a trip let me know I'd love to pass on my advise and suggestions! Happy diving!

Hi and welcome to the Board. Have fun exploring.

Aloha again, Judy. Thanks for the reply! Living in Hawaii is pretty amazing - I highly recommend it if you ever have the opportunity to give it a try. The pay isn't always the greatest but the perks (ocean views every single day) way offset any cons.

You should totally check out airfare right now, flying to Hawaii from the mainland is soooo cheap! I got an awesome deal on flights for a business/pleasure trip next month and even just two days ago, the flights were still on sale. Maybe that vacation to Hawaii is closer to reality than you think? :wink:

The diving on each island is quite different. I love Oahu for a diving/shopping combo trip plus all of the historical sites you get to visit. The Big Island's diving is pretty spectacular - the Manta Ray dive will knock your neoprene boots off! If you go there, PM me and I'll be happy to recommend the dive shop I use for private charters. They will make sure you have an unforgettable time. Maui...I have not been but there are a LOT of great operators over there. Many of our divers dive both here in Kauai and in Maui so we've received some helpful and very positive feedback on who to dive with in Maui.

That leaves me with Kauai and Niihau. Naturally, I am biased to my island as I am most familiar with it and quite in love with the diving here. If you decide to come to Kauai, simply hit "Kauai" or "Niihau" in the search engine and you'll get a ton of information on our local diving scene plus a bunch of recommendations on local dive operators. There's even posts of favorite restaurants and attractions.

Good luck and we hope to see you if you do indeed make it over here. Best of luck to you in your diving adventures.:lotsalove:

Come on in...the water is just fine! (welcome to SB) I am new to SB as well and have found a few things helpful:

1. Don't say something unless you have something to say.
2. Carefully formulate your opinions and be prepared to defend them (there are those out there who have a tendency to way over-think your opinions)
3. There is a lot to be learned here (even for a seasoned diver such as yourself)
4. Make friends
5. Have FUN!

:D

WELCOME TO:sblogo:!!!...GREAT SITE WITH GREAT PEOPLE..I've met and dove with a few members ..lots of fun during our SI we just :meeting:
TAKE CARE

Back
Top Bottom