Hi from Irving, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you like being ignored when you go in, taking advanced open water with an instructor that doesn't even dive the whole weekend, or shopping at a place that churns out open water divers but doesn't give a crap about continuing divers, then by all means, pick Adventure Scuba out of Plano.

Ouch! Where's Tom??????

I call it like I see it....

Ouch! Where's Tom??????

Tom was the only reason I tolerated them for so long. Ask him. He sat through my rantings about them several times. Nothing ever changed though.

:popcorn::D

A dive shop on Greenville Ave called Dive West is reasonable, easily accesible, and are fun people. There are many dive shops to choose from. My situation may be a little similar to yours. After OW I didnt want to drive to Austin every weekend. Did not know all the local dive spots and not introduced to them in my OW class. There are lots, some better than others, but try them. I am fond of Clear Springs Scuba park in Terrell. Its close, but the people are reason why I go back.
I have met so many people and all have been more than helpful. The neat thing, lots of people come out alone or dive alone and usually there are other groupls you can hook up with or will look out for you. Great place to meet new dive buddies, every weekend. Hope to see ya there.

Dive West is my closest shop also. Very nice people.

I call it like I see it....
Tom was the only reason I tolerated them for so long. Ask him. He sat through my rantings about them several times. Nothing ever changed though.

Alright. Now I know to never go to Adventure Scuba. Wow! Thanks Kory.

Rhonda,
This must be an entertaining situation for you. I can just picture Kory wound up tight and stomping around the house. Ha!

zzzKing,
For my benefit, where is DiveWest? I have been hearing this name (in a good way) a lot lately. It's kind of far from Arlington but I keep hearing good things about them.

They are on Greenville Avenue just north of Caruth Haven. They are an old school dive/travel shop. They carry Scubapro and Aqualung. Seems like they may be an Oceanic dealer as well. Ikelite for you photographers. They book a lot of trips to Cozumel with the occasional exotic. I think they may be putting together a weeklong liveaboard to the Galopagos that I would dearly love to go on. Unfortunately, my bank account is more in the neighborhood of "Broken Bow". They have been known to sponsor a happy hour or two. :drunks:

Rhonda,
This must be an entertaining situation for you. I can just picture Kory wound up tight and stomping around the house. Ha!

:rofl3: Yes, it is... It's always entertaining to bring up Adventure Scuba, sometimes I have to duck and run!

He IS right though, we have many, many stories...

Rhonda

I haven't been there in many, many years....since they were Ocean's Window. I have heard a few stories though. Had one of their DM's in an IDC recently.

Alright. Now I know to never go to Adventure Scuba. Wow! Thanks Kory.

I feel like it's my moral duty as a person tired of poor service! Besides, I'm TOTALLY SICK of BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE pretty much every where, in every facet of every type of business out there!!! But especially in a business that spends time whining about "online retailers" and " we are better cuz we have better service..." Most of the ones that feel the need to say that, are the ones that have no idea what customer service is. I GUARANTEE that I could improve customer service at the above mentioned crappy dive shop and it wouldn't take me a week. It's not rocket science. Which is exactly why I get so impassioned about this topic. (even though this isn't exactly the topic that was started)

And on that note, I will gracefully bow out of the conversation, so I won't be accused of being Mr. Thread Highjacker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom