Hi from Detroit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaGirl2U

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there,
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I'm a new diver (only dove Cozumel so far) and unfortunately live in Michigan where I am currently freezing my butt off!! I dove Cozumel at Xmas and it was fantastic (my avatar is only one of my awesome pics from there). Oh and I'm a solo diver (not that I mind) so I'm always looking for a good group trip!
Hmmmm, I guess that's it for now!

Mindy

Welcome to the board! Do you mean that you dive by yourself (without a buddy) or that you don't have a regular buddy? I'm guessing/hoping that you don't mean you dive by youself since you are so new to diving...so just an FYI, on this board "solo diver" means you dive without a buddy...all alone

Welcome aboard! I grew up in the Metro Detroit area. Have been in the sunny south for 19 years now.

I was outside with a light jacket on today. My Mom says you guys are getting ready for a big strom coming in this weekend. I sure don't miss all the shoveling!

Have you done any lake diving in the summers in the Great Lakes or any other places up that way? From reading on the board, it sounds like there are some pretty good dive clubs in the area.

Well.....both. I know I'm SUPPOSED to dive with a buddy, but in Mexico they can be a little lienient, which is what I asked for. I had the absolute WORST students in my classes up here in Michigan and quite frankly they scared me into prefering to dive alone, I don't want to "trust" some stranger who has to cheat off my test to pass a class and chose to drink instead of read the manual :no. I'd rather be my own back up until I know I am diving with someone I can trust. I actually just heard a story today that had to do with a poor dive master as a buddy in Cancun, and you'd hope that you'd be safest with the master. So yes, I dive alone and yes I am without a regular partner! Hopefully I'll have a regular buddy soon:)

Welcome to the board! Do you mean that you dive by yourself (without a buddy) or that you don't have a regular buddy? I'm guessing/hoping that you don't mean you dive by youself since you are so new to diving...so just an FYI, on this board "solo diver" means you dive without a buddy...all alone

Hi Mindy....welcome to ScubaBoard! :wavey:

Back
Top Bottom