Hi from Denver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceana

Reaction score
I'm new to diving and new to forums. Live in Denver, took a cruise to Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea etc. in the south Pacific and did a discover scuba course on-board the ship. Needless to say, I fell in love. Did a total of 3 dives, including a fabulous shark dive off Moorea (black tip reef sharks). What a rush!

Returned to Denver determined to get cerified asap. Did my O/W's in Manzanillo, Mexico. The water was cold (69 - 71 degrees) and quite turbid. Saw a green sea turtle at about 45'. Did a dive to 83' and got a little freaked but I was OK. I did not follow the rules about pushing my personal limits and will definately take it slower on my next deep dive.

I just finished my classroom advanced training and will go to the Blue Hole in NM in two weeks to do my O/W's. Hope to get in at least one night dive too.

I am having a career crisis. Want to leave my job of 12 years, go back to Bora Bora, sell tuna on the corner and dive.

It could happen....

Haven't seen to many from Colorado on here. I'm about 150 miles west of you. (For those of you in the east - yes, that's still the same state).

Jump right in, ask what you want, and save a tuna for me.

Tom

And a warm welcome to a great place. You'll learn lots about diving (and about some strange other things...... gold lamé, inflatable dolls....) and have a fabulous time.

And welcome to the boards!

When your not diving this is a great place to be!

Isn't Denver the mile high city? It must be a tough place to be a diver.

Tavi

My advice to you would be to keep your dives above 60ft until you get some more dives under your belt.OW divers are nor advised to go beyond that depth until they do an Advanced course which specifically deals with deep diving issues that are not covered in depth in OW.Find an experienced buddy if you can and move on in further education.Ignorance can be dangerous because as you stated,you went beyond your limits and often we get in trouble because we don't recognise what those limits are.
This is a great site for all your questions so ask away and have a good time.
Cheers
Gasman

Hello oceana, welcome to our family here at Scubasource. I'm certaily glad you managed on your last dive. Nothing is better than continuing your diving education. So you are definitely headed in the right direction. Please feel free to ask us questions whenever you wish. There are more than a few instructors, course directors and doctors on this board that would be more than happy to help.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom