Hi from Chicagoland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Longtime lurker, new member. I've been diving a little over a year. At heart I'm a warm water wuss (just bury me at sea in the Caribbean...) but I do dive locally as well, mostly to keep my skills up, though wrecks can be pretty interesting too. My husband is my permanent dive buddy (he's also a member of SB, username WCL).

After freezing in a thick wetsuit last summer, I'm starting to dive dry, but I'm finding it difficult in spite of the class. Only a couple of dives in the drysuit so far, but I sure hope I get the hang of it soon!

drl

My brother is a firefighter with the City of Chicago, and I love your town on St. Paddys Day!

Lets dye the river green and go diving. Welcome to ScubaBoard :D

DRL,

Hello and welcome to the board. Make sure to come over to the Great Lakes wrecking crew (GLWC) to chat and possibly hook up with local divers. We can be a great source for information when needed.

To find us, go to the club's section of the board. Then North America, then Great Lakes Wrecking Crew.

See you there hopefully.
Paula

Hello....
Dry suit takes some time to get used to - at least that's what I have been told. There were several good threads here about diving dry - I do hope they will help you a little.
Have fun
Mania

mania:
Hello....
Dry suit takes some time to get used to - at least that's what I have been told. There were several good threads here about diving dry - I do hope they will help you a little.
Have fun
Mania

Thanks, I have been reading them, but intellectual understanding, while a prerequisite, is not the same as physical competence! The conventional wisdom seems to be that it takes 10-20 dives to really get it down. I just hope the silly thing doesn't kill me first!

drl

Hi drl:

I miss the Chicago burbs. But, not the weather. :winky:

Welcome to ScubaBoard. We're a warm group as your know from your husband. :)

Enjoy!

I am a recent dry suit diver...and have had my challenges as well, but it is getting better and I love being able to dive here in Chicago so early!!!

Howdy and welcome to ScubaBoard!

Sounds like you have the spirit. You'll get it...!! :crafty:

enjoy don :cowboy:

Natasha:
I miss the Chicago burbs. But, not the weather. :winky:
Yeah, but move to Houston? Even the buildings sweat in the summer. Isn't that what's known as making a bad situation worse? :D

Welcome to the board, drl, head on over to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum and say hi to some of your neighbors. Dive season is upon us, time to get wet!

drl:
After freezing in a thick wetsuit last summer, I'm starting to dive dry, but I'm finding it difficult in spite of the class. Only a couple of dives in the drysuit so far, but I sure hope I get the hang of it soon!
drl
Like any other skill, it takes practice. Welcome to SB.

Back
Top Bottom