hi could someone please tell me a good place to go for fin reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robya

Registered
Reaction score
hi can someone recommend a couple of good places to check for fin reviews and other scuba equipment reviews.thanks:) tanya:scubadive

robya:
hi can someone recommend a couple of good places to check for fin reviews and other scuba equipment reviews.thanks:) tanya:scubadive

The best place to go for fin reviews is to go to your LDS, try some on, take them in a pool and then ask Tanya what she thinks of them.:14:

www.scubadiving.com... but it looks like they are down.

You could also ask us what we think about various fins. You will get a lot of opinion but it may help you narrow down your selection. Buy them from Leisurepro though...they will be much cheaper than an LDS....and contrary to popular belief, you probably won't have problems with them. I didn't.

robya:

Try some out in a pool. Fins are a lot like shoes. I like mine, but that doesn't mean you'll like them too.

Stiffer fins will give you more power if you have to fin into a heavy current, OTOH, you generally shouldn't have to do a lot of finning in heavy current, and they seem to cause leg cramps more often . . .

Splits are much easier on your joints (if you have joint problems), tend to cause less cramping, and work well, however if you're battling a lot of current, they're usually a little too soft.

Try different fins and see what you like.

Terry

Check out ScubaToys. Larry and Joe have a cute way of giving dive gear reviews. Just click on the Ask Joe & Larry area.

There are lots of places to read reviews, as stated her many times you will find that it's going to be down to personal opinion. Scubadiving.com (Scubalab) has an annual review and they have rated the Atomic Aquatics split fin as a great fin, the Aeris Velocity is a "Tester's Choice" and "Best Buy", and many more. I think scuabdiving.com's site is back up, they were shut down from technical difficulties for a while. Here's our site with a some of the fins marked with the rating:
http://www.crazyscuba.com/cat_adjustable.cfm
We test dive the gear we sell so we can give you some advice if you have some specific questions.

Good luck and great diving!

Britt :fish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom