Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
and it's so much fun! I recently traveled with Mermaid I to the Komodo Islands. One thing I came away after this trip was, I need better...

DIVE FINS
...dive fins! My split fin was no match to strong currents we encountered on a couple of dives, especially at SHOT GUN - that was fun. Any recommendations on fins? I'm leaning towards MARES.

MERMAID II Raja Ampat
Now I'm planning another liveaboard with Mermaid II Jan. 2019 to Raja Ampat. I heard this is an amazing trip. but a few of us will be spending a few days at ...

FERRY TRANSFER: SORONG TO KRI
... Kri Island staying/diving with Sorido Bay Resort (Papua Diving). Has anyone had experience with Ferry transfers from Sorong to Kri? I'm a little unclear about ferry transfers and schedule.

RING OF FIRE
Also, anyone here has done the Ring of Fire liveaboard? Very curious! Hit back!

Thanks!

Jojo

CUTTLEFISH
One of my favorite sea beings, the cuttlefish. On a recent night dive at the Komodo Islands, I encountered this little guy hunting for his dinner:

I did a liveaboard in 2017 in Raja Ampat with Pearl of Papua, you see dive boats going to the same sites in different orders to stop them being overcrowded and they communicate with each other if there are any problems on sites to give the divers the best experience so I don't think it matters too much which boat you go with but check some reviews first on liveaboard.com or reach out for recommendations with a fresh post on here.
I don't think you can go too far wrong with Raja Ampat, its just really good diving, we got to see some big Oceanic Mantas on a few dives the currents have to be strong for them to turn up so you need a reef hook. Then there was a site called Melissa's garden which is just a riot of colourful coral and an abundance of fish. Amazing diving, you'll love it.

Thats what ive been hearing and reading about! Thanks for the input!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom