heyyyy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJ,
My wife and daughter just got cert'd this year with Kissimmee Pro Dive and they were pretty good. Especially liked Ron as their instructor (he is the previous owner and works there as an instructor/tech). He has about a million hours underwater and a lot to teach if you take the time to ask. My girls ended up having a great class there. Their cert dives were at Lake Denton with two post dives at W Palm (Flower Gardens and North Ledges).

I saw the previous post by Eric - I suppose they charge a bit for eqpt, but I didn't think they were pushy about sales and they deal in the better brands (scubapro, dive rite, etc). I wasn't put off by them as I am by some shops that get 'in your face' about sales. I dealt with Gary (the current owner) and Ron and they never tried to sell me anything I didn't need. Gary has talked me out of a few things in fact. I suppose it is all in who you deal with...

I would also recommend World Water Sports, when you start gearing up, for equipment selection and price, although I don't know about their cert classes. I think CJ picks up some work there as an instructor (he also instructs at Kiss Pro Dive). As with Kiss Pro Dive, the staff there is exceptional - I usually deal with Jessica or Brenda (both are smart and charming; they helped me outfit my children and treated them with respect). Mike is very knowledgeable and helpful - is/was the manager although I haven't seen him in there in a while; and Gil has been helpful too. Again, they have never tried to sell me something I don't need.

Good luck with it! Welcome!

it is probably painful to think about the cash, but it is worth it. Besides, imagine doing it three times over: I just finished the last of the required eqpt for my family and realized how much it is going to be just to maintain everybody's regs!:11:
You know, I don't regret a bit of it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom