Hey Everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a 54 yr old rookie diver. I got certified this past March. I live in Sarasota Florida but am originally from New Jersey. I am a retired cop of 25 yrs and a combat Vet ( Marine Corps).
Hello should have known and congratulations on getting scuba certified. You're in a terrific area to get in lots of great dives and shouldn't have a problem meeting up with lots of local divers. This is a great site to get in so much information. Thanks for your service and safe diving!
Roger

Welcome! Come on over visit us on the east coast of Florida. We actually have a ton of regulars that come over here from your area (and we offer responder and vet discounts). Jupiter and Palm Beach diving is some of the best. I personally prefer it to the Keys.

Welcome to the party! Sarasota is a fantastic place to be for any diver.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but just north of Sarasota is the "boneyard" in Venice, FL. That's a (free) shore dive where you can find various shark tooth and other fossils (including Megalodon teeth). Dive from here: https://goo.gl/maps/WYhp9cd4LRC2 You'll need to own or rent gear, though. There are also a decent amount of boats in that area which will take you out into the gulf.

You're also only a 3 hour drive away from some of the best ocean diving in the world. Check out Palm Beach, Jupiter Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-sea and other towns near those.

Hope to see you at one of the dive sites some day!

Welcome to the party! Sarasota is a fantastic place to be for any diver.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but just north of Sarasota is the "boneyard" in Venice, FL. That's a (free) shore dive where you can find various shark tooth and other fossils (including Megalodon teeth). Dive from here: https://goo.gl/maps/WYhp9cd4LRC2 You'll need to own or rent gear, though. There are also a decent amount of boats in that area which will take you out into the gulf.

You're also only a 3 hour drive away from some of the best ocean diving in the world. Check out Palm Beach, Jupiter Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-sea and other towns near those.

Hope to see you at one of the dive sites some day!
I did a shore dive in Venice on mother's day. My cousin found a few & her husband & me got noda. Visibility was crap but on the upside, I spent an hour under water.

Welcome from NS. I started 12 years ago myself when I was 51. I'm a native of Yonkers NY--Where did you live in Joisey?

Welcome from NS. I started 12 years ago myself when I was 51. I'm a native of Yonkers NY--Where did you live in Joisey?

Well, I grew up in Jersey City, Moved to Lodi around 88 then down to the Jersey Shore in 95 til about 2014 when I moved to Old Tappan. Lived there a short time until I moved to Florida last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom