Hero4 Session

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got mine today and this thing is small. Anyone hear of anyone making a housing for it?

Kind of early for a housing isn't it? I doubt they would make one for this, it is intended for a completely different use then underwater. Although who knows. Be nice to tuck one of these btw my tanks facing backwards or somewhere else to get some unique shots. B

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Kind of early for a housing isn't it? I doubt they would make one for this, it is intended for a completely different use then underwater. Although who knows. Be nice to tuck one of these btw my tanks facing backwards or somewhere else to get some unique shots. B

I was thinking more of on my mask or bcd strap

Those will work but the session is only rated to 30 feet which is why he is asking about a housing.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Actually I'm reliably certain neither of them will. They're designed for the Standard GoPro 4 which is a completely different - and larger - form factor. About all that will work is the mount since the Session uses the same one as all the other cameras in the line. Notice that the lens is orientated over the center of the mount on the Session yet the center of the camera on the Hero4 - that will put the Session in the standard housing blocked by the controls for the regular Hero.

Capture.jpg

Altough I really wonder if any mfr. will bother. I see little/no advantage to the Session over the Hero 4 Silver if any. Same price...same output quality. When GoPro started shipping their corrected lens standard in their housing, some of the 3rd party mfr's didn't even tool up for a 4 series housing.

They also make the Hero for $129 with housing, sure the sensor isn't as good and it only shoots 1080/30 but from posts I've read here most people think that's satisfactory. For Youtube it probably is.

Watch Kickstarter someone will probably tool up and make a limited run housing for the Session.

Last edited:
I was referring to the mounts not the housing

Regards

Steve

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. fixed that...

Even if you had a housing how would you control it? (Yeah, that's kind of the kicker here.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom