Here's something fun to look at.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link.
There is a guy (I think he is in Hawaii) that has been reproducing or maybe rebuilding one of the suits from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Disney movie.

My understanding is that the suits were basically modified hard hat rigs with Broxton type double hose reguators feeding their air supply.

Here's the link to Pat's site that Luis is speaking of.
Disney Nautilus: A 1/10 Disney Nautilus homebuilt submarine

Did a dive on Sunday. Weather was a balmy 0*C (32*F) with winds of 22 kph to make a wind chill factor of -4*C. 2ft chop on the other side of the breakwater.
(ok, I photoshopped the pic with sepia. It just didn't look right otherwise with my smurf blue gloves :shakehead: )

decemberdive036-1-1.jpg

Randy shop a little clip of the surface swim here: http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/zz185/randy1976_photos/?action=view&current=PORTEAUCOVEDEC6.flv

Did a dive on Sunday. Weather was a balmy 0*C (32*F) with winds of 22 kph to make a wind chill factor of -4*C. 2ft chop on the other side of the breakwater.
(ok, I photoshopped the pic with sepia. It just didn't look right otherwise with my smurf blue gloves :shakehead: )

decemberdive036-1-1.jpg

Randy shop a little clip of the surface swim here: PORTEAUCOVEDEC6.flv video by randy1976_photos - Photobucket

What kind of oval mask is that?

It's funny that people always mention reefs and BCs like the two are intertwined like Yin and Yang. If you think good divers without BCs hit reefs, I will pay for your admission fees to any spring within 4 hours of my house, and if you meet me there I will personally show you how to control your buoyancy with your lungs. I'll even bring your choice of bourbon or beer for when we are done :wink: We can use the platform to simulate a reef and I can show you how diving works without a gas bag (well, your lungs are a gas bag).

P1010273.jpg

Brother, it ain't that hard.

Dale, we need to get you a hydroglove one of these days. Once you mate it with a warm undergarment and some Chuck Taylors I bet you never dive your modern drysuit again. As a matter of fact, I sold my 2,000 dollar Bare drysuit last week. It only had ten dives on it.

Slonda, I am estimating a hydroglove in time for summer 2010 (doublehose first).

ZKY, the mask is a White Stag but I don't know anything else about it. It has the "clip into itself" style of lens retainer as opposed to the nut and bolt so I think it is newer, rather than older. I quite like it as the rubber is in good shape and it fits my face quite well.

Picture048.jpg

Last edited:
I been drooling over one of them there Hydrgloves too. I'll definately have to sell one of the new fangled ones, I think it would be a good trade. Ron, I love that pic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom