Here's something fun to look at.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that's very cool!

watermarkcomp.jpg

and interesting

thank you :)

Very cool! I was chuckling that the crew was going along with the vintage theme until I twigged to the fact that that issue was from 1954 :dork2:

If you notice there isn't one BC anywhere in sight? That's funny, they told me there is no way to dive without one?? Hmmm.

I love the sneakers of the day. I don't know what brand shoes those were back then, but that style has come back full circle and are totally in once again. Vans makes them and so does Converse.
Now if we could just get Aqualung to make original double hoses again we'd really be full circle!

Converse made sneakers like them, so did PF Flyers and Red Ball Jets.

It looks like it would have been fun to work as crew on that film!

I wonder what legal hurdles would have to be negotiated to begin manufacturing and marketing new reproduction Aqua-Masters, Mistrals and Fifty Fathoms?

I use a pair of Converse high tops as dive boots sometimes. I'll try to snap a pic this weekend. They provide a reasonable grip on the rocks.

Check this stuff out, for all of us vintage aficionados.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Photo Gallery, 30 Pictures - LIFE

Thanks for the link.
There is a guy (I think he is in Hawaii) that has been reproducing or maybe rebuilding one of the suits from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Disney movie.

My understanding is that the suits were basically modified hard hat rigs with Broxton type double hose reguators feeding their air supply.

Converse made sneakers like them, so did PF Flyers and Red Ball Jets.

It looks like it would have been fun to work as crew on that film!

I wonder what legal hurdles would have to be negotiated to begin manufacturing and marketing new reproduction Aqua-Masters, Mistrals and Fifty Fathoms?

There are no legal hurdles... the few patents that were involved expired some decades ago. Many of the parts are already being reproduced, including some of the plastic cans and more stuff is on the way.

Some of the original designs would be too expensive to reproduce in small quantities, but there are alternatives.

If you notice there isn't one BC anywhere in sight? That's funny, they told me there is no way to dive without one?? Hmmm.

I love the sneakers of the day. I don't know what brand shoes those were back then, but that style has come back full circle and are totally in once again. Vans makes them and so does Converse.
Now if we could just get Aqualung to make original double hoses again we'd really be full circle!

This is obviously a snapshot in time.
I do not want to seem judgemental, as those folks were mostly so ignorant of their impact on the reef (Just as I am ignorant also as to nuclear physics and why my wife never has anything to wear).
No awareness or care as to the condition of the reef after the movie crew moved on.
B.C.'s help a lot these days.

THANKS FOR POSTING THE LINK!!
I really enjoyed the pictures.
I LOVED that movie when I was a kid...actually I still like it.
Chug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom