Henderson Shorty rotted 6 months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oleman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone else having trouble with the Henderson suits, I bought a brand new shorty in Feb this year while in Florida used it one time was rinsed and put away. Now home in Michigan I got it out this week and found the front and rear panels are completely rotted. the rest of the suit is fine only the two panels it is very obivise that this is defective material. And no I don’t have my receipts to return it and Henderson leaves a person no way to contact them except through a dealer which I have non very close. This is not a big purchase but would like to let them know they have a real problem with these suits.:depressed:

I bought a henderson suit a few years ago myself. It was the worst suit i ever owned in over 30 years. The rubber compressed after a few days of diving and the suit was all wrinkled from the compression. I had to pay to return the suit and won't be buying another Henderson suit.

They used to have a very good reputation, but something drastic must have happened with this company

I have a Henderson shorty that has been through hell and back and still holding up. Apart from discoloration where I used it in an overshocked pool and didn't rinse it for two days later.

Keep in mind Henderson also makes the budget line of Neosport, which I have also had success with in a 3mm full suit but obviously a budget line is going to use lesser quality materials.

I imagine given the right circumstances (and possibly a bad bolt of material) any suit can have issues.
I've owned Henderson Gold Core (my favorite), Neosport, Hyperstretch, Insta-Dry, and H2's, in 3mm, 5mm, shorties, full, vests, hoods, and booties. Never had a single issue with any of them, other than the typical pulling/pilling on the earlier superstretch versions. Also have owned Bare Velocity and Aqualung Aquaflex... no issues with those either (other than the Bare zipper not standing up to the task on a 5/4 full).

I'd probably consider your problem with the shorty to be the exception.

Going on my 4th year with both my Hendersen Hyperstretch Titanium 3mm full wetsuit and 7mm full wetsuit in addition to their shorty wetsuit and they're still in good condition. Aside from some spots that looked pulled from its encounter with Velcro, all the suits have held out well despite the beating I put them through. :)

Last edited:
I bought a Henderson Neosport 7mm full wetsuit a few years ago. It started falling apart in less than 25 dives. I contacted Henderson and sent the suit in to them. Turned out the retailer had sold me a model that hadn't been manufactured in about 8 years. Henderson made good on it and the replacement suit has been quite durable.

So far Henderson has been very good at exchanging e-mails and answering questions. What has happened it appears I was sold a suit that was new but maybe 5 years old. Just the same the suit is fine except the one panel material that feel apart, no matter the age of manufacture the suit had some bad material in it---- as the rest is fine. They have agreed to take a look at and it is in the mail.
more updates to come

Henderson comes through with flying colors,, after being gone on a short vacation I came home to a package at my door--- yes they replaced my suit even though I did not have the orginal sales reciept. I had sent them my suit which had gone bad for them to examine and never heard back the package just arrived on my door step.
So that should answer any questions about the service from Henderson they are very good.
thanks go to them
:):D

It's always nice to see a positive story posted about manufacturer service/product. Too often we read all the unhappy stories and folks forget to post the good news stories. Thanks for the post and the follow up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom