Henderson Hyperstretch suits HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRUETEXAN

Contributor
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the Henderson Hyperstretch wetsuit and I was wondering if anybody had tried them and if they liked it or not. I always have a hard time finding a wetsuit that fits me properly because of my chest measurement 47" and my waist is 36, I am 5'11" and weigh 205lbs. The Hendeson sizing chart seems to be way off of what other manufacturers are and I was wondering how accurate it really is, I normally wear an XL in most suits but according to their chart that is way off...Any help would be most appreciated..:confused:

I do not own a HyperStretch suit, but from what I've seen others post on it they say it is possibly the best fitting and most comfortable suit they have ever worn. Well worth it. On a flip note, some have mentioned that the material used in the suit is real touchy with scrapes, abrashons,etc... Velcro or anthing course like it would rough it up big time,etc.. If the suit is taken care of properly it would surely be one of the best suits you could ever purchase.
=-)

Truetexan,

Here's a link to a previous Henderson thread.

The Hendeson sizing chart seems to be way off of what other manufacturers are and I was wondering how accurate it really is, I normally wear an XL in most suits but according to their chart that is way off
Although my other wetsuits are medium-large, I used the Henderson size chart (which turned out medium) to buy a Goldcore 7/5. It fits perfectly. My wife bought the Hyperstrech 7/5 to fit most of her measurements, but the legs are a little long because she is 5' 3".

You didn't mention how thick a wetsuit you are buying. The 7/5 is strechy, but the 3 mil is really strechy.

Finally, my LDS could not even come close to the LeisurPro Price.

I also do not fit anywhere near the manufacturers' sizing charts (being 4'11" and NOT shaped like Barbie). I was sure I was going to have to go custom, but I went to the LDS to try the hyperstretch and I was in love. It was infinitely easier to get on than anything else, and it really hugs every curve.

Because the LDS didn't have the 7/5 in stock (I had on the 5mm), I decided to save some money and go online. I got the hyperstretch 5/3 hooded vest (special order) and the 7/5 suit from diversdiscount.com, which will MATCH the leisurepro price (or anyone else's; just call them.) I liked diversdiscount more because they were willing to special order the vest (I dive in New England) and because they were much more helpful than LP (just do your homework first and ask for the specific price).

Good Luck!

I have the 5/7mm wetsuit with the 5mm core warmed and the 7mm hood. I LOVE IT ALL!! Went in 52 degree water this past weekend (OW cert) and wasn't cold at all.

Great off the shelf fit. My hubby also bought one and he is pretty big. 5'7" and weighs 230 lbs. Got an XXL for him and he loves it.

It is very easy to get on and off even when wet.

For utmost comfort and fit get a dry suit. You can get a used dry suit of perhaps even a new one for almost what you would pay for a thick Henderson Hyperstretch suit.

A membrane(A.K.A. shell suit) is very versatile. You can vary the undergarments for the diving environments. You don't have to tug and pull to get a thick, bulky wetsuit on or get it off. There is not as much need to worry about perfect fit since a dry suit is best if it fits slightly loose. You can exit the water dry and warm instead of standing on the boat shivering.

Dry suits are not for those tekies or professional divers anymore! They should be standard issue in cold/temperate waters.

If man were meant to be wet he would have been born with scales-or at least a healthy layer of blubber much like myself.

Dry is the future. Not just for some but for everyone.

Dry suits are not good for "everyone". Particularly divers who are in warmer waters on a regular basis. Most of the year in Florida, we don't have to worry about "shivering on the boat".

(Sorry, just frustrated with every thread about wetsuits including someone who has to promote dry suits, even when no one asked about them!)

I have a Henderson 7/5, which I just purchased from LeisurePro. My measurements are rather "nonstandard", and I didn't fit into any category on the chart. I bought the smaller size, hoping it would stretch in all the right places, and it fits like a glove. It's the easiest thick wetsuit I have ever put on (and I've tried on every 7 and 6mm in town!).

I hope this helps.

Julie

Your stats are close to mine, very close, and I've always had to buy custom. I can't imagine any kind of off the shelf model which would be suitable(pun). After all, fit is everything with a wetsuit. Check out some of the mail order shops. You'll need a girlfriend to help with a gazillion measurements.

Your measurements are very close to mine also. Except that I weigh 215lbs. I tried on the L Henderson, but I could not even fit it over my legs. The XL was still too tight in the legs. I ended up having to get a XXL. It is a little too loose in the underarm area, but is snug everywhere else.

Its a nice concept, but the suit isn't standing up as well as we'd like. The shop I deal with is a Henderson dealer and they are having problems with the laminate. Its fraying and showing a lot of wear. This year Bare has Hydrostretch. They held off on releasing it last year because they were having the same problems Henderson is having.

Bare also has specialized sizing (king, Tall, short) Check out their website:

www.bare-wetsuits.com

They are my favourite company. No one else has the fit and quality. And they're made in Canada. Well priced compared to other brands.

:fork:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom